We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Validating & Control Focus

Hi, I have implemented a form using a TabControl with 5 TabPages. On one page, I have a number of controls, i.e., ComboBoxes, RadioButtons, NumericUpDowns, etc. I want to validate the data entered by the user into these controls and at the same time allow the user to cancel the form if he wishes. To implement this, I copied some sample code: private void tabControl1_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { tabControl1.TabPages[tabControl1.SelectedIndex].Focus(); tabControl1.TabPages[tabControl1.SelectedIndex].CausesValidation = true; } private void tpSchedule_Validating(object sender, CancelEventArgs e) { bool bValid = true; if ((string)cboSchedule.SelectedItem == "Weekly") { if (cboRunOnDOW.SelectedItem.ToString() == "") bValid = false; } } My problem is that the TabPage always has the focus and won''t allow the Cancel button push to be handled. If I remove the first line of the SelectedIndexChanged() event handler, the Cancel button push is handled, but then the validation stuff is never invoked. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks, Royce

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 18, 2004 04:19 PM UTC

Did you try setting CausesValidation to false on the Cancel button? It should then prevent validation of the controls. -Praveen Syncfusion

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon