We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Error when deploying application on Android device [no method with name='setClipToOutline' signature='(Z)V']

Hello,

I recently plugged some syncfusion dlls into my Xamarin Forms project, specially interested in SfNavigationDrawer. On Windows Phone all is good, everything works good. But on Android, when deploying, the app crashes. Being curious why it crashed I debugged it and suddenly got this exception:
Java.Lang.NoSuchMethodError: no method with name='setClipToOutline' signature='(Z)V' in class Landroid/view/View; 
The callstack that produced the exception is right below:
callstack

12 Replies

SE selony August 11, 2016 10:14 PM UTC

callstack
Reattached the screen

VV Vignesh V Syncfusion Team August 12, 2016 01:22 PM UTC

Hi Selony, 

We were able to reproduce the issue and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents/ 

Regards, 
Vignesh V 

SA Subash Adhikari August 6, 2018 09:47 AM UTC

Has this issue been resolved? I have a similar issue.

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team August 7, 2018 11:54 AM UTC

Hi Subash, 

Can you please share the below requested details which will help us investigate the issue and help you in resolving the same. 

1) Syncfusion Version and Controls used. 
2) Android Version/ Device version in which the issue occurs. 

Regards, 
Paul Anderson 

SA Subash Adhikari August 12, 2018 10:32 AM UTC

Sure. I get this error on Android 4.4 devices.  It works fine on all versions though.

Syncfusion controls used :

1. SfCalendar
2. SfChart
3. SfNavigationDrawer
4. SfTabview

The page where error is generated is using the sftabview control.

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team August 13, 2018 04:12 AM UTC

Hi Subash, 

Thanks for the update. 

Yes. We get this error only in 4.4 devices and with SfTabView control alone and we have fixed the issue which will be available in our Volume 2 SP2 release which will be by the end of August 2018. 

Regards, 
Paul Anderson 

SA Subash Adhikari August 20, 2018 01:17 PM UTC

Hello,

I think this issue also exists in several Xiaomi devices. Its  I sent out to test on these devices and app crashes on tabbed page. Crash does not occur immediately but after a while.

Best Regards,
Subash

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team August 21, 2018 04:00 AM UTC

Hi Subash, 

We have fixed the issue related to "name='setClipToOutline' in SfTabView control" and will be available in our SP2 release by the end of August 2018. If you face any other crash with the control please provide us details of the error, stacktrace of the issue and the device configurations which will be helpful to analyze the reported issues and fix at the earliest. 

Regards, 
Paul Anderson 

SA Subash Adhikari August 25, 2018 08:53 AM UTC

Hello Paul Anderson ,

I downloaded the SP2. But still the error persists.

Best Regards,
Subash

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team August 27, 2018 04:09 AM UTC

Hi Subash, 

Our Volume 2 SP2 2018 has not been rolledout yet and will be released in a couple of days. We suspect that you have downloaded a wrong version. Can you please followup the below link for further updates for our Volume 2 SP2 release. 

Regards, 
Paul Anderson 

SA Subash Adhikari August 27, 2018 05:06 AM UTC

Hello Paul,

Sorry my bad. I was on the wrong version.

Regards,
Subash

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team August 27, 2018 05:09 AM UTC

Hi Subash, 

Not a problem. Please upgrade to our latest version once released which will be in a couple of days. 

Regards, 
Paul Anderson 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon