We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Subclass grid to make virtual grid

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

13817 May 11,2004 12:59 PM May 11,2004 01:48 PM Windows Forms 2
Tags: GridControl
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On May 11, 2004 12:59 PM

Is it possible to subclass the grid control to make a virtual grid control. I basically want to reuse a virtual grid in a bunch of places and would like to just reference it as myVirtualGrid. I am having issues with overriding the querycell count and querycell info. The querycellcount never gets called and the grid appears to have only 100 rows. Also the OnQueryCellInfo gets called but the display shows the row 1 data over and over again (even though debug mode its getting set fine).

Replied On May 11, 2004 01:37 PM

Nevermind I forgot to call ResetVolatileData

Replied On May 11, 2004 01:48 PM

After you have created the instance of your derived grid, make sure you call myDerivedGrid.ResetVolatileData(). This should force OnQueryColCount and OnQueryRowCount to be hit. Here is a minimal sample that seems to work OK. derivedVirtualGrid_7742.zip

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;