We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ScrollControl/SplitterControl

I set up a splitter control with a control derived from ScrollControl as the component. If I set the VScrollBar.SmallChange to a value != 1 and do a click on the VScrollBar, the correct scroll is done. But after that the VScrollBar.SmallChange value is reset to 1. You can reproduce this behaviour in the SplitterControlDemo sample, if you set the SmallChange value in the constructor to 100 or another value. Is there a way to correct this behaviour? I''m using version 1.6.1.8. Regards Peter

5 Replies

PE Peter May 13, 2004 03:33 AM UTC

Any suggestions? Regards Peter

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 13, 2004 06:58 AM UTC

Hi Peter, you can set ScrollControl.AllowIncreaseSmallChange = false; Otherwise if it is set to true (default) the scroll control tries to modify the scrolling behavior and change the SmallChange value and increase it the longer the scroll arrow was pressed. After that it will be reset to 1. With ScrollControl.AllowIncreaseSmallChange = false; the SmallChange value will be left alone. Stefan

PE Peter May 13, 2004 11:36 AM UTC

That property seems to be not working. There is the same behaviour if it''s set to true or false.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 15, 2004 04:51 AM UTC

It works while you keep the mouse down on the arrow, but I found a problem with the handling of the .EndScroll case in OnVScroll where the values gets set to 1. We will get that fixed for the next service patch. If you want to work around this issue now you would have to override OnVScroll, call the base class version and check for the .EndScroll case. At that moment you could reapply your .SmallChange value. Stefan

PE Peter May 15, 2004 05:16 AM UTC

Thank you for your response, the workaround works fine for me. Regards Peter

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon