We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

No visible data grid on iOS platform only

I have an issue where the SFDataGrid in my view does not show only on iOS.

I have verified that the nuget versions are the same across all projects.  I am seeing the expected results from both UWP and Android projects. 

I have stripped down the xaml to the minimum required to fill data grid inside stacklayout
<syncfusion:SfDataGrid x:Name="dataGrid" VerticalOptions="FillAndExpand" AutoGenerateColumns="True" HorizontalOptions="FillAndExpand">
I am setting the ItemsSource in code to a List<MyClass>.

Any suggestions?

Derek

3 Replies

CK Caleb Kliewer May 15, 2018 08:03 PM UTC

Hi Derek,

I'm sure the Syncfusion team can answer this question better than I can but I thought I would mention that you must initialize the SfDataGrid in the AppDelegate.cs file. I have had the same issues with several other tools and initializing them usually worked for me. See below:

DS Derek Spurlock May 15, 2018 09:33 PM UTC

Thank you very much Caleb.  That was the piece I needed.  Live and learn.

AN Ashok N Syncfusion Team May 16, 2018 11:37 AM UTC

Hi Derek/ Caleb, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

To use the SfDataGrid inside an application, each platform application must initialize the SfDataGrid renderer. Please refer the below UG link to get more details about SfDataGrid renderer initialize in your application. 

Regards, 
Ashok 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon