We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problems with GDBG

I am having problems with GDBG. I am using 3 tables as follows: (a) Parent --> ID(PK), Name (b) Child --> ID(PK), PID(FK) (c) GChild --> ID(PK), PID(FK), GPID(FK) my main grid''s data source is the child table (i.e. table 2) and a hierarchy displays the GChild table (i.e. table 3) while im accessing the values of table 1 (Parent) thru a combo box ... im having problems with updating the values of table 1 thru combo box .. the updated values dont show up until i collapse and expand the data table. please help 3TableTask_4906.zip

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 10, 2004 01:08 PM UTC

One way you might be able to work around this problem is to commit the changes in CurrentCellCloseDropDown, athen do an ''invisible'' collapse/expand call on the node.
private void gridChild_CurrentCellCloseDropDown(object sender, PopupClosedEventArgs e)
{
	GridCurrentCell cc = this.gridChild.CurrentCell;
	GridBoundRecordState rs = this.gridBinder.GetRecordStateAtRowIndex(cc.RowIndex);
	if(rs.LevelIndex == 0)
	{
		this.gridChild.BeginUpdate();
		cc.EndEdit();
		this.gridBinder.EndEdit();
		if(this.gridChild.IsExpandedAtRowIndex(cc.RowIndex))
		{
			this.gridChild.CollapseAtRowIndex(cc.RowIndex);
			this.gridChild.ExpandAtRowIndex(cc.RowIndex);
		}
		cc.MoveTo(cc.RowIndex, cc.ColIndex, GridSetCurrentCellOptions.SetFocus);
		this.gridChild.EndUpdate();
	}
}

M. M.F.K. May 11, 2004 01:44 PM UTC

Thanks a lot! >One way you might be able to work around this problem is to commit the changes in CurrentCellCloseDropDown, athen do an ''invisible'' collapse/expand call on the node. > >
>private void gridChild_CurrentCellCloseDropDown(object sender, PopupClosedEventArgs e)
>{
>	GridCurrentCell cc = this.gridChild.CurrentCell;
>	GridBoundRecordState rs = this.gridBinder.GetRecordStateAtRowIndex(cc.RowIndex);
>	if(rs.LevelIndex == 0)
>	{
>		this.gridChild.BeginUpdate();
>		cc.EndEdit();
>		this.gridBinder.EndEdit();
>		if(this.gridChild.IsExpandedAtRowIndex(cc.RowIndex))
>		{
>			this.gridChild.CollapseAtRowIndex(cc.RowIndex);
>			this.gridChild.ExpandAtRowIndex(cc.RowIndex);
>		}
>		cc.MoveTo(cc.RowIndex, cc.ColIndex, GridSetCurrentCellOptions.SetFocus);
>		this.gridChild.EndUpdate();
>	}
>}
>

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon