We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Generic Server Side Pagination, Sorting and Filtering

Hello

I am using ASP.NET CORE EJ 2 version 16.1.0.34 (nuget package).

Could you please provide me with a generic example for a server side pagination, sorting and filtering when using the UrlAdaptor?
I found an example for EJ 2 for MVC (https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/136599/server-side-pagination-sorting-and-filtering), however in this example the sorting needs to be created manually on the server side, with a switch for each property of the object. This is an absolute no go!

In EJ 1 pagination, sorting and filtering worked almost out of the box with the "DataOperations" class.
What is the recommended approach for achieving this using EJ 2?

Kind regards
Phil

8 Replies

VA Venkatesh Ayothi Raman Syncfusion Team April 23, 2018 11:58 AM UTC

Hi Phil, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion products. 
We have already considered this “Need to provide built-in support Data operation class in EJ2” to perform the server-side operations Sorting, filtering and paging as a feature. This feature will be included in upcoming Volume 2, 2018 release which is expected to be rolled out in the month of May 2018. Until we suggest you use the workaround which we provided by us. 

Regards, 
Venkatesh Ayothiraman. 

UN Unknown April 24, 2018 07:07 AM UTC

Thank you for your reply.

I am Glad to hear this will be available soon.
Then I will use the workaround for now and change to the "official" version once it is available.

Kind regards
Phil

MS Mani Sankar Durai Syncfusion Team April 25, 2018 11:55 AM UTC

Hi Phil, 

As we said, this feature “Need to provide built-in support Data operation class in EJ2” will be included in upcoming Volume 2, 2018 release which is expected to be rolled out in the month of May 2018.  

We will appreciate your patience until then.  

Regards, 
Manisankar Durai 

UN Unknown July 9, 2018 09:26 AM UTC

Hello

The Volume 2, 2018 release was now released, thus this feature should be implemented.

Since the documentation does not seem to be updated, could you please provide me with an example on how to do the server-side sorting, filtering, paging, etc. functionalities that should now be available?
Please remember, I use UrlAdaptor.

I saw that there are new classes such as "DataManagerRequest". Please show me the recommended approach for using these kind of functionalities as easily as possible. It would be great if all of these can be executed with a single command.

RD Ronald Dirkx July 9, 2018 02:38 PM UTC

Hi Phil

I'm using the approach shown in the example here: https://aspdotnetcore.syncfusion.com/Grid/UrlAdaptor#/bootstrap look at Source > urladaptor.cs

I don't use DataOperations as I have a custom datasource but pagination works fine for me.

VA Venkatesh Ayothi Raman Syncfusion Team July 10, 2018 04:21 AM UTC

Hi Phil, 

Thanks for the update. 

Yes, we have rolled out the Volume 2, 2018 release and we have updated the URL adaptor sample in our sample browser. Please refer to the following Online demo and Help documentation for more information, 

Note: We have also provided custom adaptor support for handling the server-side request.  

Please let us know if you have any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Venkatesh Ayothiraman. 

UN Unknown August 14, 2018 06:13 AM UTC

Thank you for the reply.

With the given instructions I was able to perform the grid actions on the server.

I use the "Execute" function, since I don't want to do all the checks by myself. I presume there is no drawback to using Excecute() instead of doing all the operations manually?

MS Mani Sankar Durai Syncfusion Team August 16, 2018 06:39 AM UTC

Hi Phil, 

We have checked your query and We have prepared a simple sample which uses ‘Execute’ method to perform DataOperations. Please refer to the below code example and sample link. 

[controller.cs] 
  public ActionResult DataSource([FromBody]DataManagerRequest dm) 
        { 
            IEnumerable DataSource = OrdersDetails.GetAllRecords(); 
            DataOperations operation = new DataOperations(); 

var count = DataSource.AsQueryable().Count(); 
            var data = operation.Execute(DataSource, dm); 

return dm.RequiresCounts ? Json(new { result = data, count = count }) : Json(DataSource); 
        } 

[index.cshtml] 
<ejs-grid id="Grid" allowPaging="true" allowSorting="true" allowFiltering="true" toolbar="@(new List<string>() {"Search" })"> 
    <e-data-manager url="@Url.Action("DataSource", "Home")" adaptor="UrlAdaptor"></e-data-manager> 
   <e-grid-columns> 
        .  .  . 
    </e-grid-columns> 
</ejs-grid> 

Note: ‘Grouping’ action cannot be done using server-side Data Operation. 

Regards, 
Manisankar Durai. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon