We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

MergeItems and MergeOrder

Hi all, I have two menubars say Menu1 and Menu2. And the menu items for Menu1 is say File,Edit and menu items for Menu2 are View, Tools. And all these menu items in these menus has mergeorder set to 0 and mergetype is Add. When I try to merge Menu2 to Menu1. After the merge the menu should display the menuitems as File,Edit,View,Tools. But when I call Menu1.MergeItems(menu2). it displays as the menu items as View,Tools,File,Edit. Please correct me if I am doing any mistake. Thanks.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 7, 2004 01:14 AM UTC

Hi Gokul, I have tested for this issue here in our latest version (v2.0.5.0) and the order of the BarItems was : File, Edit, View, Tools. Please refer to the test_sample attached and let me know if I have understood your requirements correctly. If not kindly modify the sample to show the problem and send it back to us so that we can take a look at it. Also let me know the version of Essential Suite that you are using. We appreciate your cooperation, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

GG Gokulraj Gopinathan November 7, 2004 07:35 AM UTC

Thanks Guru, Please find the attached file SyncMergeSample_6564.zip contains solution for the problem in merging menu items. In the sample attached, has a form loading with menu items File and Edit. each of this root item has child items. On clicking the merge button i am trying to add child items under File and Edit. The output i expect on clicking the button is File->Open;Close;Save; Save As Edit->Copy;Paste;Delete;SelectAll But the output it is showing as Edit->Delete;SelectAll File->Open;Close;Save; Save As Edit->Copy;Paste; I tried changing the mergetype of every item, but i am not able to display the expected output. please correct me if i do any mistake. thanks The strange behaviour I noticed in the above sample is that, it is merging the "File" menu item properly but not for "Edit", it is creating a copy of Edit instead of merging the items as it is doing for File menu item. I am sure that both the items has same MergeType property. Warm Regards G.Gokul Raj.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 11, 2004 12:51 PM UTC

Hi Gokul, Thanks for creating Direct-Trac incident 14703 in this regard. I have updated the same. Please refer to my response and let me know if you need any other information. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon