We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grouped column text

When I group by a column the group cell text is the column name (mappingname) rather than the header text. What''s up with that? Also, the column in question is a combobox and I would like the text in the group cell to use the display value from the combobox datasource rather than the column value. That is, rather than showing "TaskSource: 2 - 2 Items", I''d like it to show "Source: Planning - 2 Items". Any thoughts on how I accomplish this? BTW, here is how I''m setting up the column descriptor: GridColumnDescriptor gcd = new GridColumnDescriptor(); gcd.MappingName = "TaskSource"; gcd.HeaderText = "Source"; gcd.Appearance.AnyCell.CellType = "ComboBox"; gcd.Appearance.AnyCell.ShowButtons = GridShowButtons.Hide; gcd.Appearance.AnyCell.ExclusiveChoiceList = true; gcd.Appearance.AnyCell.DataSource = alSourceCodes; gcd.Appearance.AnyCell.DisplayMember = "Description" gcd.Appearance.AnyCell.ValueMember = "CodeID"

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 3, 2004 09:50 PM UTC

Here is a forum thread that shows how you can use QueryCellStyleInfo to customize the caption text. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=11530

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon