We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SyncFusion Essential Edit Control Intellisense functions

I cannot refresh the prompt in intellisense help window. Is there a way to invoke Invalidate, Paint, Refresh on this window? The edit control interface is not what I am looking for. Having the help window to display a prompt using the following code was no issue. Dim al As ArrayList al = New ArrayList() al.Add("Prompt to be displayed") e.Prompts = al Regards Manojit

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 5, 2004 02:47 PM UTC

Hi Manoj You could use the ContextPromptPopup Event as demonstrated in the IntelliSenseFunctions sample that ships with Essential Edit. Hope this address what you are looking for. Regards Arun

MA Manoj May 5, 2004 07:23 PM UTC

Hi Arun, I am trying to provide an enhanced intellisense feature by building on the existing intellisense provided by this control. Assume we have a function whose prototype looks like fn(int i, float f) It is desired that when the comma is entered the second argument should be highlighted OR only the second parameter should be displayed (i.e. "float f"). When intellisense for this function is invoked for the first time by pressing the key ''('', i display the prototype and save the state of Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.ContextPromptPopupEventArgs globally for future reference. So far no issue. Then I capture the "KeyPress" event and call ContextPromptPopup event handler (using the state saved earlier) if the key is a comma. During this pass i build a new Arraylist containing the new prompt for display. The prompt in the intellisense window is not refreshed to display the new prompt. I placed a breakpoint to verify if the prompt has really changed and it did. Regards Manoj >Hi Manoj > >You could use the ContextPromptPopup Event as demonstrated in the IntelliSenseFunctions sample that ships with Essential Edit. > >Hope this address what you are looking for. > >Regards >Arun >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 7, 2004 07:02 PM UTC

Hi Manoj In the current Essential Edit, there seems to be no easy way to implement this when you are typing when the ContextPrompt is visible, the keys are handled in the ContextPrompt''s ProcessDialogKey. So the only way seems to be to make changes to the code to relay the ProcessDialogKeys. Which version of Essential Edit are you currently using? Regards Arun

MA Manoj May 10, 2004 08:24 PM UTC

1.6.1.8. >Hi Manoj > >In the current Essential Edit, there seems to be no easy way to implement this when you are typing when the ContextPrompt is visible, the keys are handled in the ContextPrompt''s ProcessDialogKey. > >So the only way seems to be to make changes to the code to relay the ProcessDialogKeys. Which version of Essential Edit are you currently using? > >Regards >Arun >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 11, 2004 06:25 PM UTC

Hi Manoj We will go ahead and add this feature to Essential Edit. But this new feature will be part of the Essential Suite 2.0.5.x. Can you go ahead and open a Direct Trac incident so that we can update you with more information on this issue. Regards Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon