We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Linking to Syncfusion assemblies.

We have a large development team with only a very small number of UI developers that work with the Syncfusion controls (and many other third party controls). In the past we have been able to run smoothly by making the redistributable assemblies available to the entire team for compiling the entire .sln. This has stopped working with the latest upgrade to Syncfusion 2.0.5 assemblies due to the .licx files. Why do I have to purchase licenses for developers that never use Syncfusion controls? They just need to be able to compile the UI assemblies to ensure that their changes are not breaking code in our UI. Syncfusion is telling me I need to buy 20 linking licenses. The other major third party vendors do not require this and Syncfusion did not require this until their latest release. I did not see any mention of this in the license agreement. Please explain. Thanks, Sean

2 Replies

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team May 3, 2004 12:19 PM UTC

Hi Sean, Section 4.e of the license mentions that our libraries should not be made available for any programmatic use except on licensed machines. We did not enforce it in the past. But over the past several months we have run into several instances where our support team was receiving support incidents from un-registered users from organizations that have (other) registered users. We had to have a system in place that would allow us to inform users about unintentional violation of our license terms. The charge for the link license is only meant to cover administrative costs. Each of our major competitors prohibits installation on machines used by other developers including non-UI developers. They may not enforce it but if they eventually do the liability will be far greater. None of them have provisions for a link license as far as we know. They require a regular retail license for every user. We are working with customers affected by this to ensure that they are back up and running as soon as possible. Please let us know if you have any further concerns. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We appreciate having you as a customer and will do everything possible to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Best regards, Daniel >We have a large development team with only a very small number of UI developers that work with the Syncfusion controls (and many other third party controls). In the past we have been able to run smoothly by making the redistributable assemblies available to the entire team for compiling the entire .sln. This has stopped working with the latest upgrade to Syncfusion 2.0.5 assemblies due to the .licx files. Why do I have to purchase licenses for developers that never use Syncfusion controls? They just need to be able to compile the UI assemblies to ensure that their changes are not breaking code in our UI. Syncfusion is telling me I need to buy 20 linking licenses. The other major third party vendors do not require this and Syncfusion did not require this until their latest release. I did not see any mention of this in the license agreement. Please explain. > >Thanks, >Sean

SD Sean Dawson May 3, 2004 12:27 PM UTC

Thanks for the explanation and timely response. That is one of the reasons we decided to purchase your Grid Control. Thanks, Sean

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon