We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Hierarchical grid default expansion

I have a hierarchical grid that has 4 levels of data attached to it. Is there a way for me to programatically expand all items down to level x? The only expand methods I have been able to find are ExpandAll and ExpandAtRowIndex. I am looking for something along the lines of ExpandAtHierarchyLevel. Is this supported with this grid? Thanks, JH

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 30, 2004 09:34 PM UTC

No, there is no such API. You would have to use ExpandAtRowIndex. You could try looping through the grid rows and test the GridBoundRecordState.LevelIndex for each row to decide whether the expand it.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 6, 2004 01:49 PM UTC

That is the way I ended up handling this. I was looking for a way that didn''t have me looping through the rows. Thanks for the help. >No, there is no such API. You would have to use ExpandAtRowIndex. > >You could try looping through the grid rows and test the GridBoundRecordState.LevelIndex for each row to decide whether the expand it.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon