We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Embedded languages

Does Essential Edit support embedded/nested languages such as ASP or JSP? For example, if I am showing a JSP file there may be multiple highlighters active (one for HTML blocks, one for Javascript, one for CSS, one for Java, etc). Does the control handle these situations elegantly?

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 29, 2004 03:34 PM UTC

Hi Gerald, Currently Essential Edit does only keyword-based parsing, but we are working on adding support for parsing. Have you taken a look at the SettingsDemo sample that ships with Essential Edit? Regards Arun

GN Gerald Nunn April 29, 2004 05:21 PM UTC

Not specifically, but without the ability to deal with embedded languages it''s not going to meet my needs at this time. Thanks for the info, I appreciate the reply. >Hi Gerald, > >Currently Essential Edit does only keyword-based parsing, but we are working on adding support for parsing. Have you taken a look at the SettingsDemo sample that ships with Essential Edit? > >Regards >Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon