Since upgrading to 126.96.36.199 I have been having problems with the XPToolBar.
I have included a small example
with screenshots to illustrate my problem.
1. Resizing Form Creates Second XPToolBar Row
If the XPToolBar is Docked at the Top of the form then when the form is resized to be smaller some of the buttons on the XPToolBar are moved onto a second row. In previous versions the buttons were simply hidden. Is it possible to control this behaviour and change it so that a second row is NOT added.
2. Second Row Never Disappears.
Having resized the form forcing the XPToolbar to create a second row for some buttons the form is resized to be larger. The buttons are moved back up to the first row but the second row does NOT disappear.
3. Docking to the LEFT or RIGHT.
In the old version the buttons would automatically appear vertically however in this version they remain horizontal.
Thanks in advance.
ADAdministrator Syncfusion Team April 27, 2004 12:55 PM
We appreciate your feedback on this issue. These are known shortcomings of the XPToolBar and all of them have been fixed internally. The fixes will be available in the next release of Essential Suite. For now, you could use the following workarounds.
1. Instead of docking it on top, you could place it adjacent to the top edge of the form set its anchor property to right. This will hide the BarItems when the form is resized and will not create a second row.
2. For this, you could handle the XPToolBar''s Layou event as follows :
private void xpToolBar1_Layout(object sender, System.Windows.Forms.LayoutEventArgs e)
this.xpToolBar1.Size = this.xpToolBar1.PreferredSize;
I have modified your sample accordingly and have attached it here.
3. Even in previous versions like v188.8.131.52 the XPToolBar always displayed the BarItem text horizontally (refer screenshot). Only the XPMenus.Bar can display it vertically when its BarStyle.RotateWhenVertical is set.
Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.
NVNik ValeApril 27, 2004 03:28 PM
Thanks for help. Your suggestions helped me resolve my problems.
Keep up the good work.