We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Celltypes in derived Grid

I am creating a grid derived from the GridControl. My client wants me to create a grid control that by default, has the look and feel of their other controls as well as some functionality not currently available the grid controls. First of all, there''s a specific coloring scheme that''s required as well as a couple of different types of column headers. These I''ve implemented easily through the QueryCellInfo event. Another need is to not have row headers, by default. What is the best way of handling this? Would it be to simply iterate through all the cells in column 0 and set the cell type? I guess my question is, is there an event similar to QueryCellInfo that would be better for handling this? Pete

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 27, 2004 06:11 PM UTC

Hi Pete, you could instead hide the first column by setting the grid.ColWidths[0] = 0; Then the row headers would not be visible at all. But, if you do want that special column then you could instead handle QueryCellInfo, check for e.ColIndex = 0 and then set e.Style.CellType and other properties you want to change. Yet another alternative solution would be to change BaseStyles["Row Header"].StyleInfo. Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon