We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

ComboBox datasource

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

13363 Apr 27,2004 02:02 PM UTC May 4,2004 01:11 PM UTC WinForms 3
Tags: GridControl
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On April 27, 2004 02:02 PM UTC

Hello, Can I use a datasource other than a dataset for comboboxes? I have a custom entity object that inherits from CollectionBase that I would like to use. Thanks!

Replied On April 27, 2004 06:07 PM UTC

If both IList and ITypedList are implemented then you should be able to assign that table as datasource to a combobox. Instead of implementing ITypedList you could also make sure the collection is a strong-typed collection (the indexer needs to return the correct type). That should also work. Stefan >Hello, > >Can I use a datasource other than a dataset for comboboxes? I have a custom entity object that inherits from CollectionBase that I would like to use. > >Thanks!

Replied On May 4, 2004 09:50 AM UTC

Could you please post a sample project demonstrating this? I''m having trouble getting it to work on my end. Thanks again.

Replied On May 4, 2004 01:11 PM UTC

At the bottom of this tread, there are code snippets showing how to get a stringly typed ArrayList by implementing ITypeList. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=9194 If this is not enough information to get things working for you collection, can you post a sample of your collection class, and maybe we can put it directly into a sample.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;