We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ComboBox datasource

Hello, Can I use a datasource other than a dataset for comboboxes? I have a custom entity object that inherits from CollectionBase that I would like to use. Thanks!

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 27, 2004 06:07 PM UTC

If both IList and ITypedList are implemented then you should be able to assign that table as datasource to a combobox. Instead of implementing ITypedList you could also make sure the collection is a strong-typed collection (the indexer needs to return the correct type). That should also work. Stefan >Hello, > >Can I use a datasource other than a dataset for comboboxes? I have a custom entity object that inherits from CollectionBase that I would like to use. > >Thanks!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 4, 2004 09:50 AM UTC

Could you please post a sample project demonstrating this? I''m having trouble getting it to work on my end. Thanks again.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 4, 2004 01:11 PM UTC

At the bottom of this tread, there are code snippets showing how to get a stringly typed ArrayList by implementing ITypeList. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=9194 If this is not enough information to get things working for you collection, can you post a sample of your collection class, and maybe we can put it directly into a sample.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon