We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Hierarchical

Hi I use a gridDataBoundGrid as a hierarchical grid with 2 datatables (in a dataset...) There is a relation between these tables...on 3 columns (a starting date, a finishing date, and a string called ''days'') I can modify theses columns in the parent, nut not in childs. The questions are : When I create a child, I want that ValuesParentKeys = ValuesChildKeys and When I modify the parent value key, I want to update the key of the related children with the same values. Is there a option in the datarelation to do this? thanks bye syl

3 Replies

SY Syl April 27, 2004 06:27 AM UTC

ok... in fact, it''s working good.... but there is still a refresh problem...(as i say in a post before.... http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=13300 ) is there a way to force the refresh? with the datarelation properties maybe? thanks bye syl

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 27, 2004 02:01 PM UTC

Hi Syl, You might try calling this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.ResetHierarchyLevels(); Regards, Jay N

SY Syl April 27, 2004 02:21 PM UTC

It doesnt work Here is a exemple project with a user control and a form using it hierarchicalGrid_1313.zip the user control is a gdbg used as a hierarchical with 2 tables in a dataset (with datarelation) if you execute it... select a date for date1 select a date for date2 enter something for days clic on the button ADD child X times then modify date1, date2 or days then when you select a chil, it disappears T have a correct grid, you have to collapse and then expand the parent row.... thanks bye syl

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon