We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ValueMember

I have a ValueMember of a comboBox . Now with this ValueMember I want to search and display the corresponding DisplayMember in the combobox. The combobox is bound to a column 'Country' of a table. 'United States','Canada','Australia',etc are the DisplayMember with the ValueMember being 'US','CA','AU' resp. If I get the value 'CA' on my form how do I display 'Canada' in the combobox. Thanks a lot. Bye

2 Replies

VB Vipul Bhatt October 21, 2002 07:59 AM UTC

> I have a ValueMember of a comboBox . > Now with this ValueMember I want to search and display the corresponding DisplayMember in the combobox. > The combobox is bound to a column 'Country' of a table. > 'United States','Canada','Australia',etc are the DisplayMember with the ValueMember being 'US','CA','AU' resp. > If I get the value 'CA' on my form how do I display 'Canada' in the combobox. > Thanks a lot. > Bye Just use the following code: combobox.selectedvalue = 'CA'

JA Jackfan October 21, 2002 12:26 PM UTC

But if I just want to get the value and not to call the combox's select event?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon