We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

ValueMember

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

1333 Oct 18,2002 02:36 PM UTC Oct 21,2002 12:26 PM UTC Windows Forms 2
Tags: FAQ
Karen
Asked On October 18, 2002 02:36 PM UTC

I have a ValueMember of a comboBox . Now with this ValueMember I want to search and display the corresponding DisplayMember in the combobox. The combobox is bound to a column 'Country' of a table. 'United States','Canada','Australia',etc are the DisplayMember with the ValueMember being 'US','CA','AU' resp. If I get the value 'CA' on my form how do I display 'Canada' in the combobox. Thanks a lot. Bye

Vipul Bhatt
Replied On October 21, 2002 07:59 AM UTC

> I have a ValueMember of a comboBox . > Now with this ValueMember I want to search and display the corresponding DisplayMember in the combobox. > The combobox is bound to a column 'Country' of a table. > 'United States','Canada','Australia',etc are the DisplayMember with the ValueMember being 'US','CA','AU' resp. > If I get the value 'CA' on my form how do I display 'Canada' in the combobox. > Thanks a lot. > Bye Just use the following code: combobox.selectedvalue = 'CA'

Jackfan
Replied On October 21, 2002 12:26 PM UTC

But if I just want to get the value and not to call the combox's select event?

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;