We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
If you became a customer of the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or the Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer components before October 2019 and have questions related to those products, you can request support through our forum system. However, please note that this support system is only for existing customers who are still using the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or its components and not for new customers looking for reporting products from Syncfusion.

For new customers or those with general reporting questions, we recommend contacting our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/, which is a separate brand created by Syncfusion for its reporting solutions. Our team will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion for your reporting needs.

Regular Copy Paste Feature not working

Hi Experts,

We have been evaluating the Reports Platform.
Our background: We have been extensively Designing & Developing Reports for our client using Crystal Reports by connecting to our Databases using our Web Application.

Syncfusion Reports Designer Issues:
--------------------------------------------

1). Our client who is Arabic, has given us Report format in the form of pdf. Now we opened Syncfusion Reports Designer and started designing as per format.
In Crystal Reports, if we copy paste from pdf to report, it automatically creates TextBox and pastes the Label. Here(in Syncf reports), we have to drag-drop textbox and
then paste the Arabic words.

2). Once 1st Arabic text is copy pasted, when I drag-drop the 2nd TextBox, then copy 2nd Arabic text and try pasting in the Sync Rport's 2nd TextBox, only the 1st Arabic text is pasted(not the 2nd Arabic text). I am having to close the designer, then open again and then do copy-pasting. This is happening for every Label.

3). When I connect to database, then try to drap the Table's field to the designer, it shows as <<Expr>> , I need it to show only the Field Name.( I am having to check in Propertied window to see which Field the <<Expr>> refers to).

Please could you address the above 3 issues as requirement for our Designing purposes.

Attachment: Report_Copy_Paste_Issue_cb4bd492.rar

1 Reply

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team October 5, 2017 12:40 PM UTC

Hi ARMohan, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion components. 

A support incidents has been created under your account for the reported queries and we request you to login into our Direct Trac support system for further updates on this issue. Our Direct Trac support system can be accessed from the following link: 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon