We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Counts are off when I collapse a column.

Hi,
See the attached images.
The item count is off when I collapse a column.
Also, I see that I can customize the text of the count, but can I get the count to be on the same line as the header itself?
So that it doesn't take up a line by itself?
Thanks!

Attachment: kanban_count_off_cd1c8ebd.rar

7 Replies

SS Selvamani Sankarappan Syncfusion Team October 4, 2017 11:35 AM UTC

Hi Sam,   

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.   

By default, there is no in built option to display header text and card count in single line. You can customize the text of the count and also on the same line using cssClass property by setting the width as auto for the header. Refer to the following code example:   

[script] 
$("#Kanban").ejKanban( 
               {                  
                   cssClass: "custom-class", 
               }); 

[style] 
.e-kanban.custom-class .e-headercelldiv { 
      width: auto !important; 
   } 

Refer to the following sample: 

If the above information does not meet your requirement, kindly revert with the details to provide an appropriate solution at the earliest. 

Regards, 

Selvamani S. 

ST Sam Tran October 4, 2017 12:01 PM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for the info about formatting, I'll try it when I get a chance.

But more importantly, were you able to recreate the actual count numbers being off as per my screenshots?

Thanks!

SS Selvamani Sankarappan Syncfusion Team October 5, 2017 09:13 AM UTC

Hi Sam,   

Thanks for the update.   

Query “were you able to recreate the actual count numbers being off as per my screenshots?”   

We have prepared a sample illustrating; the actual count numbers are not shown while collapsing the header.  
Please confirm is this your requirement.   

Note: As per previous update, items count is refreshed while dropping the items.   

If the above solution does not meet your requirement, kindly share us the more details or sample to provide an appropriate solution at the earliest.   

Regards,   

Selvamani S.   

ST Sam Tran October 17, 2017 06:02 PM UTC

Example does not run.

I don't want to hide the counts, when collapsed, I just want them to be accurate.

SS Selvamani Sankarappan Syncfusion Team October 18, 2017 09:22 AM UTC

Hi Sam, 

Thanks for the update. 

In previously shared sample is runnable at our end. Refer to the following sample: 

Sorry, your query is not clear. Could you please share us your requirement with more details or modified sample or code example which you have used in your application to provide an appropriate solution at the earliest. 

Regards, 

Selvamani S. 

ST Sam Tran November 3, 2017 08:46 PM UTC

Hi,

I still can't get the Javascript Playground to run your sample...just shows a blank screen.  I tried Chrome, FireFox, and Edge browsers.

I went ahead and implemented your code anyways and it does work so that when I click on the header to collapse a column. the count on the collapsed column does disappear.

However, when my board first loads, I have some columns that default to collapsed and the count displays count of zero.

When I go to collapse/expand any header, the counts disappear because of your code getting hit because "HeaderClick" event is triggered..

How can I make it so when the board first loads, the columns that are default to collapsed do not show the count?

I tried moving your code to the "ActionComplete" event, but it still shows the count on the columns that default to collapsed when board first loads.

SS Selvamani Sankarappan Syncfusion Team November 6, 2017 12:16 PM UTC

Hi Sam, 

Thanks for the update. 

Query: I still can't get the Javascript Playground to run your sample...just shows a blank screen.  I tried Chrome, FireFox, and Edge browsers. 

We are unable to reproduce the reported issue with JS playground link. Kindly check if you are facing any console error with referred script files. If yes, share us the error details and browser specifications. Also check if the following link, 
We have also prepared a local sample. You can download the following sample: 

We have prepared the above sample based on your requirement. At initially the columns counts are hided in collapsed state using create and headerClick event. Please check the above sample and still does not meet your requirement kindly get back to us with more details. We will be happy to help you. 

Regards, 

Selvamani S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon