We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

syncfusionessentialwindowsforms.exe uninstalled, but left all the controls in VS 2017

I have uninstalled the program (syncfusionessentialwindowsforms.exe), yet all of the controls are still visible in my visual studio toolbox. They don't work, of course; there's an error about the uninstalled files when I click on any of the controls. Is there a fix for this?

Also, it makes me wonder if the GAC has been restored to it's before state? If not, is there a fix for that?

I'm running Win10 Pro
Visual Studio Community 2017

...Am attaching screenshots and have already tried the "Reset Toolbox" option to the VS default.

Attachment: J_Stewart_f3dc8302.rar

1 Reply

MS Manivannan Sundararajan Syncfusion Team October 4, 2017 12:50 PM UTC

Hi Stewart,

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

We had an issue in Visual Studio 2017 toolbox uninstallation in our 2017 Volume 3 v15.3.0.26 and we have already fixed this issue in 2017 Volume 3 Service Pack 2 v15.3.0.33. As of now, please follow the steps suggested below to resolve the reported issue.

1. Open the Visual Studio and navigate to Tools->Extensions and updates.

2. Select Uninstall for the Syncfusion Toolbox Installer extension.

3. . Close the Visual Studio to uninstall the extensions. Once the confirmation is provided, Syncfusion extensions will be removed.

4. After uninstalling the Syncfusion extensions, clear all the tbd files from the following location.

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\{version}

Example:
C:\Users\Syncfusion\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\15.0_xxxx

If no tbd files were shown, please click View-> Hidden items in the file explorer.

5. Restart the Visual Studio. Now, Syncfusion controls will be removed from Visual Studio 2017 toolbox. 

Regards,
Manivannan S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon