We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Heavily customized TOC

I've been asked to add a TOC to a document generated dynamically combining together a set of existing documents. Nothing strange so far.

Next request was to add a TOC to the generated document: again, everything worked, simply adding a TOC field to the final document, and adding TC field when needed when importing child documents..

Final improvement was to customize the formatting of the generated TOC, eg
- set part of the entry in bold
- use different font sized for text and page numbe

Now I tried a couple of different approaches, all failed

- initially, I tried to find the text assigned to TC fields, and apply requested formatting to the returned text; but the returned seletion refers to the TC fields themselves, not to the text in the TOC, so custom formatting is set for the TC field, not the generated TOC text
- then I though I could generated the TOC manually, using the requested formatting, and searching for each TC fields to get the correct page index, but I found this information (the page index) is not available

Have you got any suggestions?
Or is this simply an unsupported scenario?

Thanks

1 Reply

RH Ramanan  Hariharasubramanian Syncfusion Team October 2, 2017 12:22 PM UTC

Hi Riccardo,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

A support incident to track the status of your query has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates,

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login

Please let us know if you need further
clarifications regarding this.

Regards,
Ramanan H

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon