We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Non-Modal Message Box

Programming asp .net core mvc, via VS2017.

Is there a control that can be adapted to provide a non-modal message box, ideally without a compulsory title and which can be positioned in relation to the viewport? By way of example from a current application, I would like to be able to display a message eg 'Customer Successfully Updated', say after a successful Ajax post where the box would appear top-left of the viewport, fade in and fade out automatically after a given time, all without preventing user interaction with the underlying page.

As I read the documentation, Dialog is modal only - I don't want to prevent the user from interacting with the page while the message is displayed.

ToolTip seems to do most of this (I assume it is modeless) but seems to have no way of being launched programatically (ie without a user click, hover, etc.

Any suggestions, please?

1 Reply

NP Narayanasamy Panneer Selvam Syncfusion Team October 3, 2017 03:52 AM UTC

Hi David, 
We have prepared sample with your requirement. Please refer the below workaround to achieve your requirement. 

Query1: ideally without a compulsory title and which can be positioned in relation to the viewport? 
Yes, you can set position in relation to the viewport, by using our “position” property. 

Query2: fade in and fade out automatically after a given time, all without preventing user interaction with the underlying page. 

Then you need to set “showOnInit” property as false to hide the dialog at initial load. You need to use some Jquery’s default methods to achieve your exact requirement by “setTimeout” to set dialog closing time after some interval. By default we have given “fade” animation effect for both open and close methods if want to customize more animation effects please use “fadeIn()” ,”fadeout()”  in our  “open” and “close” Events. 

https://help.syncfusion.com/api/js/ejdialog#events  

If this is not meet your exact requirement, please let us know with any demo sample. So that can we help you out in best  
Regards, 
Narayanasamy P. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon