We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Binding multiple properties in Group Descriptor

Hello, 

I am trying to add a label with a binding text and an image with a binding source to the same Group descriptor but i could not make it.

Is Binding multiple properties in Group Descriptor possible only for concatenating binding strings to the same label ?  

Thank you in advance :) 

3 Replies

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team September 26, 2017 06:46 AM UTC

Hi Jamil, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products. 

You can bind multiple properties to GroupDescriptor property using KeySelector by which you can create the group header items with multiple data model object effectively as required. Please refer the following UG documentation link for more reference. 

Please let us know if you require further assistance. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

JA Jamil September 26, 2017 08:04 AM UTC

Hi Dinesh,

Thank you for your assistance, but this is not what i was looking for.

I am trying to Bind an image source and a label text to the same GroupDescriptor property.

KeySelector, like in the example that you sent me, is used only to concatenate multiple data model.

Thank you in advance :) 

Regards, 
Jamil

MK Muthu Kumaran Gnanavinayagam Syncfusion Team September 27, 2017 01:21 PM UTC

Hi Jamil, 

We have checked with your reported query “Need to bind an image source and label text to the same GroupDescriptor property” from our side. Unfortunately we could not understand your requirement clearly. Can you please share your requirement or the actual purpose of binding image source and label text into same GroupDescriptor property? We would like to let you know that currently Multi-Binding is not supported in Xamarin.Forms. If you would like to load an image along with the label in GroupHeader, we suggest you to use GroupHeaderTemplate through which you can bind both image source and label text as per your requirement. Please refer the below documentation link to know more about customizing the GroupHeaderTemplate. 

We have published a KB to load the expand and collapse icon in GroupHeaderTemplate while tapping the GroupHeader. Please find whether the below KB suits your need. 

Please let us know if you require further assistance. 

Regards, 
G.Muthu Kumaran. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon