We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Combining TargetManagers and TDI

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

132727 Sep 18,2017 09:14 AM Sep 20,2017 12:09 AM WPF 3
Tags: DockingManager
Soeren Kuklau
Asked On September 18, 2017 09:14 AM

Hi,

is it supposed to be possible to drag & drop documents between two linked docking managers?

Dragging seems to work, but nothing happens on drop, unless I disable the DockState.Document flag. I have two windows, each with a docking manager set to TDI:

<syncfusion:DockingManager x:Name="SyncDockingManager" UseDocumentContainer="True" ContainerMode="TDI" />

…and with each other linked:

var c1 = new MainContainer();
            c1.Show();

var c2 = new SecondaryContainer();
            c2.Show();

var host = new TextBlock();
            host.Text = "test1";

c1.SyncDockingManager.Children.Add(host);
            host.SetValue(DockingManager.HeaderProperty, Guid.NewGuid());

host = new TextBlock();
            host.Text = "test2";

c2.SyncDockingManager.Children.Add(host);
            host.SetValue(DockingManager.HeaderProperty, Guid.NewGuid());

c1.SyncDockingManager.AddToTargetManagersList(c2.SyncDockingManager);
            c2.SyncDockingManager.AddToTargetManagersList(c1.SyncDockingManager);

This works. However, as soon as I set the DockState to Document:

host.SetValue(DockingManager.StateProperty, DockState.Document);

, dragging no longer does anything. Is this a supported scenario? Is there a different way I can effectively drag documents between different windows?

Thanks,
Sören

Durga Rajan [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 19, 2017 03:24 AM

Hi Soeren, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

By default, Drag and drop functionality of document windows are restricted for Linked DockingManager. To enable the drag and drop document windows between Linked DockingManager, we suggest you to use IsVs2010DraggingEnabled property of DockingManager as true. Default value of IsVs2010DraggingEnabled property is false. We have prepared simple sample for the same and please download the sample from below location. 

If we misunderstood your query, please provide more details like sample or video about your requirement. This would help us to provide the solution at the earliest. 

Regards, 
Durga S. 

Soeren Kuklau
Replied On September 19, 2017 03:44 AM

Hi Durga,

oh, somehow I overlooked that section. Excellent, just what I was looking for.

Thanks!

Durga Rajan [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 20, 2017 12:09 AM

Hi Soeren,

We are glad to know that your issue has been solved. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Durga S.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;