We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Combining TargetManagers and TDI

Hi,

is it supposed to be possible to drag & drop documents between two linked docking managers?

Dragging seems to work, but nothing happens on drop, unless I disable the DockState.Document flag. I have two windows, each with a docking manager set to TDI:

<syncfusion:DockingManager x:Name="SyncDockingManager" UseDocumentContainer="True" ContainerMode="TDI" />

…and with each other linked:

var c1 = new MainContainer();
            c1.Show();

var c2 = new SecondaryContainer();
            c2.Show();

var host = new TextBlock();
            host.Text = "test1";

c1.SyncDockingManager.Children.Add(host);
            host.SetValue(DockingManager.HeaderProperty, Guid.NewGuid());

host = new TextBlock();
            host.Text = "test2";

c2.SyncDockingManager.Children.Add(host);
            host.SetValue(DockingManager.HeaderProperty, Guid.NewGuid());

c1.SyncDockingManager.AddToTargetManagersList(c2.SyncDockingManager);
            c2.SyncDockingManager.AddToTargetManagersList(c1.SyncDockingManager);

This works. However, as soon as I set the DockState to Document:

host.SetValue(DockingManager.StateProperty, DockState.Document);

, dragging no longer does anything. Is this a supported scenario? Is there a different way I can effectively drag documents between different windows?

Thanks,
Sören

3 Replies

DR Durga Rajan Syncfusion Team September 19, 2017 07:24 AM UTC

Hi Soeren, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

By default, Drag and drop functionality of document windows are restricted for Linked DockingManager. To enable the drag and drop document windows between Linked DockingManager, we suggest you to use IsVs2010DraggingEnabled property of DockingManager as true. Default value of IsVs2010DraggingEnabled property is false. We have prepared simple sample for the same and please download the sample from below location. 

If we misunderstood your query, please provide more details like sample or video about your requirement. This would help us to provide the solution at the earliest. 

Regards, 
Durga S. 

SK Soeren Kuklau September 19, 2017 07:44 AM UTC

Hi Durga,

oh, somehow I overlooked that section. Excellent, just what I was looking for.

Thanks!

DR Durga Rajan Syncfusion Team September 20, 2017 04:09 AM UTC

Hi Soeren,

We are glad to know that your issue has been solved. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Durga S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon