We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Sqlite as database in Report Designer

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

132685 Sep 15,2017 05:48 AM Sep 25,2017 07:34 AM Report Platform 2
Tags: Report Designer
Sunil Motwani
Asked On September 15, 2017 05:48 AM

Hello,
I would like to wether I can use sqlite Database in Report Designer.
Thanks

Vinoth Srinivasan [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 15, 2017 09:20 AM

Hi Sunil, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Components. 

We can use external datasource support to connect SQLite with our report designer and report viewer control. To achieve this, we must create new assembly by inheriting our IDataExtension interface to connect with any required data source types. Like the below code sample the DataExtension details must be mentioned in app.config for ReportDesigner and Report Viewer to use any type of data sources. 

<configSections> 
    <section name="ReportingExtensions" type="Syncfusion.Reporting.Extensions,  Syncfusion.ReportControls.WPF" allowLocation="true" allowDefinition="Everywhere" /> 
</configSections> 
<ReportingExtensions> 
    <DataExtension> 
      <Extension Name="SQLite" Assembly="Syncfusion.Reporting.DataExtensions.Sqlite" Type="Syncfusion.Reporting.DataExtensions.Sqlite.SQLiteDataExtension" /> 
    </DataExtension> 
</ReportingExtensions> 

Also, we have prepared a document with details for creating data extension using SQLite and using the SQLite in our report designer and sample with SQLite DataExtension for report designer. It can be downloaded from the below location. 

Regards,  
Vinoth S. 

Sunil Motwani
Replied On September 24, 2017 03:31 AM

Thanks Vinoth Srinivasan for so quick reply,

I didn't seen yet my life..... Thanks again,

I would like to ask more.

If I create reports in your report Designer, do i have to install some of your products on Client's Machine also ? (Just like we do for Crystal Reports ) and if yes then please specify Why ? 

Sorry my question is totally irrelevant, bcoz, I am developing at my own.

And can you give that modified dll file. Please.... its an request.

Thanks

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;