We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Fail on Open

I have files that won''t ExcelUtils.Open, and have stripped one down to a near-empty shell, and even copied the one remaining sheet into a new workbook (in case it was an older BIFF scenario), and still can''t open that. Here it is. copy6_9557.zip Thanks for checking into this, Greg

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 24, 2004 05:21 AM UTC

Hi Greg, Thanks for attaching the sample file. I was able to reproduce the problem. I have already reported the issue to the development team. We will fix it as soon as possible and make a custom build available to you with all the fixes. Sorry for the inconvenience. Best regards, Stephen. >I have files that won''t ExcelUtils.Open, and have stripped one down to a near-empty shell, and even copied the one remaining sheet into a new workbook (in case it was an older BIFF scenario), and still can''t open that. > >Here it is. > >copy6_9557.zip > >Thanks for checking into this, >Greg

GR Greg April 27, 2004 07:27 PM UTC

Thanks Stephen, for getting work done on this. I discovered another, though I don''t know if it is different, blowup when opening an xls file. If the file contains a formula from an add-in, I can''t get past the .Open. I was hoping to be able to read the formula, and make my own decision of what to do with it (#Error leaving it there, put quote in front to make it string, etc.). But of course, I can''t get that far just yet. Thanks, Greg

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon