We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridSelectionColumn

Hello!

Why in the SfDataGrid control does not have a column to select items ?
I mean a universal column for items selection.

Jarek

12 Replies

MK Muthukumar Kalyanasundaram Syncfusion Team September 9, 2017 04:32 AM UTC

Hi Jarek, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We couldn’t understand your requirement clearly. So could you please share some more information about your query as like, 

1. When you click the header column, to select the grid cell value of particular column in a grid as like below image,

1. Whether you want to list the items of GridColumn as like below image,

This would be more helpful for us to proceed further.  

Regards, 
Muthukumar K   

JB Jaroslaw Bazarko September 29, 2017 08:00 AM UTC

Hello!

I have 20 views with SfDataGrid. All views must have a column the checkbox for selection.

I want to create a universal column for selections for all SfDataGrid in my views.

I would like to create the same column as Telerik's RadGridView.

See the link below:

ttp://docs.telerik.com/devtools/wpf/controls/radgridview/columns/columntypes/column-types-select-column

I know that SfDataGrid has a GridCheckBoxColumn column but I do not want to bind to a model. 

I want the new column datagridselectcolumn to bind this SelectedItems property in SfDataGrid.

Regards, 

Jarek

Attachment: DataGridSelectColumn_619a9e7a.zip

JG Jai Ganesh S Syncfusion Team October 2, 2017 12:04 PM UTC

Hi Jarek,  
We already having a kb for select the rows using CheckBox and please find it from the below location, 
Regards, 
Jai Ganesh S 

JB Jaroslaw Bazarko October 3, 2017 06:59 PM UTC

Hello!

I know about it but this solution does not satisfy me.

Please read my message again.

MK Muthukumar Kalyanasundaram Syncfusion Team October 4, 2017 05:59 PM UTC

Hi Jarek, 

Thanks for the update. 

We have checked your query. Currently we do not have support for GridSelectionColumn in SfDataGrid.  Regarding this we have already added it to our feature request list. It will be available in any of our upcoming releases. Please check our website periodically to know the list of features that has been implemented.  

Regards,  
Muthukumar K 

JB Jaroslaw Bazarko October 9, 2017 04:54 PM UTC

Hello!

I am very happy with this. In my opinion, the GridSelectionColumn column will make it easier to work with complex applications.

I think the GridSelectionColumn column is a fundamental feature in DataGrid.

Regards,

Jarek

MK Muthukumar Kalyanasundaram Syncfusion Team October 10, 2017 08:39 AM UTC

Hi Jarek, 

Thanks for the update. We will consider your suggestion. Please let us know if you need any other assistance. 

Regards, 
Muthukumar K 

JB Jaroslaw Bazarko November 14, 2017 03:28 PM UTC

Hello,

When this functionality will be ready?

Jarek

JG Jai Ganesh S Syncfusion Team November 17, 2017 01:33 PM UTC

We regret to inform you that currently we don’t have a plan to implement the GridSelectionColumn feature in SfDataGrid and we will plan this for any of our upcoming release. Also, we already suggested the KB article for “How to change the CheckBoxColumn values based on row selection” but you have mentioned like this solution not satisfies. Could you please share the reason for why this work around not satisfies you?  

Also, we have the SfTreeGrid control and supports the CheckBox selection. It is a data oriented control that displays the self-relational and hierarchical data in tree structure with columns. This control also supports for sorting and programmatic filtering but not supported grouping. 

you can also load the flat items in SfTreeGrid like SfDataGrid and you can refer the sample from the below location, 

Could you please let us know whether the SfTreeGrid meets your requirement otherwise please share the reason for why you are not satisfying the work around  with SfDataGrid? This would be more helpful for us to proceed further. 

Regards, 
Jai Ganesh S 

JB Jaroslaw Bazarko June 14, 2018 08:19 AM UTC

Hello,

When will this functionality be ready?

Jarek

SP Shobika Palani Syncfusion Team June 15, 2018 10:24 AM UTC

Hi Jarek, 

We have already added GridSelectionColumn feature in our feature request list. Currently we do not have any immediate plan to implement this feature and it will be available in any of our upcoming releases. Please check our website periodically to know the list of features that has been implemented. 

Regards, 
Shobika 

FP Farjana Parveen Ayubb Syncfusion Team September 25, 2019 11:07 AM UTC

Hi Jaroslaw,  

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio 2019 Volume 3 Beta Release version 17.3.0.9 is rolled out with your requested feature “Unbound checkbox selector column support” and is available for download under the following link.  

Please find the code example and sample in the below location  
XAML 
<syncfusion:SfDataGrid    x:Name="dataGrid"                                                                                             AutoGenerateColumns="False"  
                       ItemsSource="{Binding Orders}"> 
      <syncfusion:SfDataGrid.Columns> 
            <syncfusion:GridCheckBoxSelectorColumn MappingName="SelectorColumn" /> 
      </syncfusion:SfDataGrid.Columns> 
</syncfusion:SfDataGrid> 

C# 
this.dataGrid.Columns.Add(new GridCheckBoxSelectorColumn()  
{  
       MappingName = "SelectorColumn" 
}); 

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.  

Regards,  
Farjana Parveen A  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon