We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

GridSelectionColumn

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

132542 Sep 7,2017 10:36 AM Jun 15,2018 06:24 AM UWP 11
Tags: SfDataGrid
Jaroslaw Bazarko
Asked On September 7, 2017 10:36 AM

Hello!

Why in the SfDataGrid control does not have a column to select items ?
I mean a universal column for items selection.

Jarek

Muthukumar Kalyanasundaram [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 9, 2017 12:32 AM

Hi Jarek, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We couldn’t understand your requirement clearly. So could you please share some more information about your query as like, 

1. When you click the header column, to select the grid cell value of particular column in a grid as like below image,

1. Whether you want to list the items of GridColumn as like below image,

This would be more helpful for us to proceed further.  

Regards, 
Muthukumar K   

Jaroslaw Bazarko
Replied On September 29, 2017 04:00 AM

Hello!

I have 20 views with SfDataGrid. All views must have a column the checkbox for selection.

I want to create a universal column for selections for all SfDataGrid in my views.

I would like to create the same column as Telerik's RadGridView.

See the link below:

ttp://docs.telerik.com/devtools/wpf/controls/radgridview/columns/columntypes/column-types-select-column

I know that SfDataGrid has a GridCheckBoxColumn column but I do not want to bind to a model. 

I want the new column datagridselectcolumn to bind this SelectedItems property in SfDataGrid.

Regards, 

Jarek

Attachment: DataGridSelectColumn_619a9e7a.zip

Jai Ganesh S [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 2, 2017 08:04 AM

Hi Jarek,  
We already having a kb for select the rows using CheckBox and please find it from the below location, 
Regards, 
Jai Ganesh S 

Jaroslaw Bazarko
Replied On October 3, 2017 02:59 PM

Hello!

I know about it but this solution does not satisfy me.

Please read my message again.

Replied On October 4, 2017 01:59 PM

Hi Jarek, 

Thanks for the update. 

We have checked your query. Currently we do not have support for GridSelectionColumn in SfDataGrid.  Regarding this we have already added it to our feature request list. It will be available in any of our upcoming releases. Please check our website periodically to know the list of features that has been implemented.  

Regards,  
Muthukumar K 

Jaroslaw Bazarko
Replied On October 9, 2017 12:54 PM

Hello!

I am very happy with this. In my opinion, the GridSelectionColumn column will make it easier to work with complex applications.

I think the GridSelectionColumn column is a fundamental feature in DataGrid.

Regards,

Jarek

Replied On October 10, 2017 04:39 AM

Hi Jarek, 

Thanks for the update. We will consider your suggestion. Please let us know if you need any other assistance. 

Regards, 
Muthukumar K 

Jaroslaw Bazarko
Replied On November 14, 2017 10:28 AM

Hello,

When this functionality will be ready?

Jarek

Jai Ganesh S [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 17, 2017 08:33 AM

We regret to inform you that currently we don’t have a plan to implement the GridSelectionColumn feature in SfDataGrid and we will plan this for any of our upcoming release. Also, we already suggested the KB article for “How to change the CheckBoxColumn values based on row selection” but you have mentioned like this solution not satisfies. Could you please share the reason for why this work around not satisfies you?  

Also, we have the SfTreeGrid control and supports the CheckBox selection. It is a data oriented control that displays the self-relational and hierarchical data in tree structure with columns. This control also supports for sorting and programmatic filtering but not supported grouping. 

you can also load the flat items in SfTreeGrid like SfDataGrid and you can refer the sample from the below location, 

Could you please let us know whether the SfTreeGrid meets your requirement otherwise please share the reason for why you are not satisfying the work around  with SfDataGrid? This would be more helpful for us to proceed further. 

Regards, 
Jai Ganesh S 

Jaroslaw Bazarko
Replied On June 14, 2018 04:19 AM

Hello,

When will this functionality be ready?

Jarek

Shobika Palani [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 15, 2018 06:24 AM

Hi Jarek, 

We have already added GridSelectionColumn feature in our feature request list. Currently we do not have any immediate plan to implement this feature and it will be available in any of our upcoming releases. Please check our website periodically to know the list of features that has been implemented. 

Regards, 
Shobika 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;