We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Performance Problem when I clean-up the scheduler object only on iOS

Hi,

I have a problem with SfSchedule on iOS, (work perfectly on Android), to clean-up the schedule.

I use to last version of Syncfusion, 15.3.0.29 and last version on iOS 10.3.3 (iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6).
For navigate through views, I use to MasterDetailPage.

When I clicked on back button, the SfSchedule make 10 seconds, to cleanup the schedule.
I displayed 15 appointments.

I can provide a test project.

My schedule componant implement :

<schedule:SfSchedule x:Name="schedule"
                                 ScheduleView="{Binding PlanningViewType, Converter={StaticResource PlanningViewTypeToScheduleTypeConverter}}"
                                 ShowAppointmentsInline="True"
                                 Locale="fr"
                                 FirstDayOfWeek="2"
                                 Grid.Row="1" MoveToDate="{Binding DateSelected}"
                                 SelectionStyle="{Binding StyleSelection}"
                                 DataSource="{Binding Appointments, Mode=OneWay }"
                                 ScheduleCellTapped="schedule_ScheduleCellTapped"
                                 CellLongPressed="Schedule_CellDoubleTapped"
                                 VisibleDatesChangedEvent="schedule_VisibleDatesChangedEvent">
                <schedule:SfSchedule.DayViewSettings>
                    <schedule:DayViewSettings WorkStartHour="9"
                                              WorkEndHour="18"
                                              ShowAllDay="False">
                    </schedule:DayViewSettings>
                </schedule:SfSchedule.DayViewSettings>
                <schedule:SfSchedule.WeekViewSettings>
                    <schedule:WeekViewSettings  WorkStartHour="9"
                                                WorkEndHour="18"
                                                ShowAllDay="False">
                    </schedule:WeekViewSettings>
                </schedule:SfSchedule.WeekViewSettings>

<schedule:SfSchedule.AppointmentMapping>
                    <schedule:ScheduleAppointmentMapping SubjectMapping="Subject"
                                                         ColorMapping="BackgroundColor"
                                                         NotesMapping="Notes"
                                                         LocationMapping="Location"
                                                         StartTimeMapping="StartTime"
                                                         EndTimeMapping="EndTime" />
                </schedule:SfSchedule.AppointmentMapping>
            </schedule:SfSchedule>

And a callstack when I unload the schedule and I "break all" application :

Thanks,

Romain

7 Replies

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team September 6, 2017 01:35 PM UTC

Hi Romain, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Based on the provided information, we have checked and we are unable to reproduce the mentioned delay while disposing the Schedule objects in Xamarin Forms (iOS) from our side. We have prepared sample based on the given code example, please find the below sample, 

If the given sample doesn’t meet your requirement, could you please revert to us by modifying the provided sample with more information along with replication procedure to reproduce the issue. It will be helpful for us to check on it and provide you the solution.  

Regards,    
Subburaj Pandian V.      

RO Romain September 11, 2017 05:21 PM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for your sample.
I worked for 4 days and I find the reason of lag.

In my app, I use some big object like a translation file, list of zip codes, ...
If you have this objects on your application (with any or no dependency), when you click on back on schedulepage, the application freeze during 10sec.

I reproduced this problem in the sample project
I create :
     -Settings.cs, load a list of 500,000 GUID

-NormalPage.xaml, display this list.

When you open/close NormalPage.xaml, it's very quick but with CustomAppointmentSchedulePage.xaml, the back operation take 5/10 seconds.

If you remove the schedule object on CustomAppointmentSchedulePage.xaml the problem disappears.

Can you check and find a solution ?

Thanks

Romain ROUBAUD

Attachment: ScheduleSample_Appointments_5863061.zip

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team September 12, 2017 01:21 PM UTC

Hi Romain,  

Thank you for the update. 

We have checked and we can able reproduce the mentioned performance delay with Schedule in Xamarin Forms (iOS) from our side. We have logged issue report for the same, we will fix this issue and include the issue fix in our upcoming Volume 3 SP2 release which is expected to be available by end of this Month (September 2017). We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Subburaj Pandian V.

RO Romain September 15, 2017 12:56 PM UTC

Hi,

Thanks, It's possible to have a beta version in advance when your fix is release ?

Romain

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team September 18, 2017 09:24 AM UTC

Hi Romain,   

Currently we are working on this mentioned performance delay with Schedule in Xamarin Forms (iOS), we need consider various possible scenarios related to stability for the fix. As we mentioned in our previous update, we will fix this issue and include the issue fix in our upcoming Volume 3 SP2 release, we will let you know once it has been rolled out. 

Regards,  
Subburaj Pandian V. 

SH steve hawkins November 2, 2017 02:18 PM UTC

sfschedule still lags on dispose in sp2 released end of september. on a xaml form i have the sfschduler controls and it takes around 3-4 seconds to dispose.

remove it and the form disposes in less than a second. The same issue 'Romain' had. Was this not being fixed?

SG Swathi Gopal Syncfusion Team November 6, 2017 01:09 PM UTC

Hi Steve, 

We have created a new support incident under your account to track the status of this issue. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates. 

Please let us know, if you have any query.

Regards, 
Swathi G

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon