We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Dashboard Widget edit datasource reconnect causes all other widgets to lose setup data

Hi Guys

I am having issue with latest version v2.2.0.31 , problem is that when I change a data source for a widget (edit connection , reconnect) all my other widgets on my dashboard get their data and setup reset, this is very frustrating and is causing me to reset all data sources and then going to each widget and re applying changes.

Regards

Edmund Herbert

1 Reply

VS Venkataprasad Subramani Syncfusion Team August 31, 2017 12:53 PM UTC

Hi Edmund, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

While reconnecting to another data source using the “Edit connection” option the columns added in the widgets will be retained only if the schema in the new and old data sources are similar, otherwise the columns added in the widget will be reset. 

Please find our UG documentation on edit connection from the below link:
https://help.syncfusion.com/dashboard-platform/dashboard-designer/connecting-to-data/editing-a-data-connection  

If you need to change the data source for a single widget, Please follow the below steps: 
1. Add a new data source that you are going to use for configuring the widget.
2.Open the widget data tab. 

3.Change the data source from the highlighted drop down :

4.Click Yes if you want to reset the fields. 

5. Now you can configure the widget from the newly selected data source. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Venkataprasad S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon