We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SfPicker Header text color and Footer text color

I have a simple Picker as follows in xamarinforms
BackgroundColor="White"
HeaderBackgroundColor="{StaticResource ControlColor}"
HeaderText="Select a Date Range"
HeaderTextColor="Blue"
ItemsSource="{Binding DateRangeStyles}"
BorderColor="Red"
SelectedItemTextColor="{StaticResource NavBarColor}"
ShowFooter="True">
However, the header text color isn't working and also there is no property to set the footer text color
I was wondering if this is a known issue, or imnot aware of something

7 Replies

ET Eswaran Thirugnanasambandam Syncfusion Team August 30, 2017 01:30 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

Query 1: The header text color isn't working? 

We were able to reproduce the reported issue from our side and the issue as been fixed. The fix will be available in the upcoming Volume 3 SP1 release. 

Query 2: Is there is any property to set the footer text colour?

We can achieve your requirement "applying colour for footer text"  by adding the custom view using the property FooterView. We have prepared the sample based on your requirement. Please find the sample from the below link.

Sample Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/132375/ze/132375pickersample-364545865

Please let us know if you have any other queries.

Regards,

Eswaran AT. 

GB Gyori Balazs November 16, 2017 11:41 AM UTC

Hello!

I use Xamarin Forms sfPicker in my project. I cannot change footer text color. I tried with this, but it was not working for me:
sfPicker.FooterView = new Button() { Text = "Ok", BackgroundColor = Color.Black, TextColor = Color.Red };

UWP does not show footer
Android stops with nullreference exception. FooterView is null.

sfpicker version is 15.3.0.33
xamarin forms verion: 2.3.4.247

Do you have any suggestion how can I change footer text color?

ET Eswaran Thirugnanasambandam Syncfusion Team November 17, 2017 01:17 PM UTC

Hi Gyori Balazs,

Thanks for contacting syncfusion support.

Query1: UWP does not show footer

We have prepared a sample based on your code. In the sample we were unable to reproduce the reported issue "UWP does not show footer" from our side. Please download the sample from the following link. 

If the issue still persist, could you please provide more information like reproduceable steps. It would be helpful for us to proceed futhur on this.

Query2: Android stops with nullreference exception. FooterView is null.

We are able to reproduce the reported issue in the version 15.3.0.33. But the reported issue has been fixed in the latest version 15.4.0.17. Could be please download the latest version of essential studio and check the following issue. Please revert us if you face any issues.

Regards,
Eswaran AT.  

YG Yogesh Gaikwad replied to Eswaran Thirugnanasambandam November 24, 2017 11:31 AM UTC

Hi Gyori Balazs,

Thanks for contacting syncfusion support.

Query1: UWP does not show footer

We have prepared a sample based on your code. In the sample we were unable to reproduce the reported issue "UWP does not show footer" from our side. Please download the sample from the following link. 

If the issue still persist, could you please provide more information like reproduceable steps. It would be helpful for us to proceed futhur on this.

Query2: Android stops with nullreference exception. FooterView is null.

We are able to reproduce the reported issue in the version 15.3.0.33. But the reported issue has been fixed in the latest version 15.4.0.17. Could be please download the latest version of essential studio and check the following issue. Please revert us if you face any issues.

Regards,
Eswaran AT.  

Hello Team,

I am facing the same issue.

I want to change the Footer Text color for Android platform as it shows green by default.
It shows default black for iPhone Devices.
I want to display, "Ok" and "Cancel" buttons with black as Text Color.

Following is the code I have written:

_filterPicker.FooterView = new StackLayout()
                {
                    Children = { new Button() { Text = "Ok", BackgroundColor = Color.White, TextColor = Color.Black }, new Button() { Text = "Cancel", BackgroundColor = Color.White, TextColor = Color.Black } },
                };

But it gives me NullReference Exception and App get crashed.

Please provide the solution for this.

Thanks & Regards,
Yogesh.

VA Vinnalan Aravazhi Syncfusion Team November 27, 2017 11:39 AM UTC

Hi Michael, 

Thanks for the update. 

We have checked the reported issue "SfPicker Header text color and Footer text color" from our side and we were unable to reproduce the reported issue from our side.  

The reported issue has been fixed in the latest version 15.4.0.17. Could be please download the latest version of essential studio and check the following issue. Please revert us if you face any issues.  

Regards, 
Vinnalan K A. 

WS Wallace Santos September 4, 2018 05:02 PM UTC

Ok, sounds a good palliative, which I suggest you guys add some property like "FooterTextColor" to solve easier. I'm using 16.2.0.46 and I'm still facing this little bad design. Should you guys consider to add this feature directly in the control!

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team September 5, 2018 05:48 AM UTC

Hi Wallace, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion products. 

We have already considered your requirement of having “FooterTextColor” APi as a Feature request and logged a feature report for the same. 

This feature will be available in any of our upcoming Volume releases. We have a Volume release cycle with a period of every 3 months. Please visit of website periodically for feature updates. 

Regards, 
Paul Anderson 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon