We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Tap events

Hi, how can I detect single/double/long tap events on SfDigitalGauge? I can't see any events document. Thanks.
(PS any tips on binding one of these also appreciated).

edit: I've looked at TapGestureRecognizer but it seems to have issues with double tap and swipe.

5 Replies

AK Ashwin Kumaravel Syncfusion Team August 28, 2017 12:39 PM UTC

Hi Tino,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products,

Query- can I detect single/double/long tap events on SfDigitalGauge?

As per our current implementation of Digital Gauge control we do not have support for detecting single,double,long tap events. We have considered this requirement and we will log feature requirement in any of our upcoming release.

Regards,
Ashwin.k

DU DukeMeister August 28, 2017 01:36 PM UTC

For now, TapGestureRecognizer is working ok for me, thanks.

AK Ashwin Kumaravel Syncfusion Team August 28, 2017 04:27 PM UTC

Hi Tino,

Thanks for the update,

We have created a simple work around sample using DigitalGauge in Xamarin forms that will detect single, double and long press events both in android and iOS platforms. Can you please download the sample from the below link?

Sample Link- https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/132336/ze/CustomEvents-566941725  

Screenshot- 

Can you please try the above attached sample and get back to us if you have any concerns?

Regards,
Ashwin

DU DukeMeister August 29, 2017 09:51 AM UTC

That works very well, thanks. I would never have known to do that. To be honest I don't 100% understand how it works or how to implement it in my project. Also strangely the SyncFusion reference was not in the project..

AK Ashwin Kumaravel Syncfusion Team August 30, 2017 07:06 AM UTC

Hi Tino,

Thanks for the update,

We are glad that you have met your requirement,
We have created a Custom view and we have written tap gestures for that view in android and iOS platforms and it is not related to DigitalGauge. You can add any view or control inside the Custom view so that it can recognize single double and long press gestures,

Syntax-

<local:CustomView>
<gauge:DigitalGauge/>
</local:CustomView>

Here CustomView is grid and we have written custom gestures for the grid in android and iOS platforms.

Please get back to us if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Ashwin

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon