We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

File Upload Progress does not start

Hi Support:

I have a  view  that uses the upload box as follows:

<ej-upload-box id="UploadDefault" name="UploadDefault" save-url="Save"
                           multiple-files-selection="true" async-upload="false" 
                           allow-drag-and-drop="true" drop-area-height="200px"></ej-upload-box>

As you can the async-upload property is set to false, because we need to start the upload process when the user clicks the Submit button in order to transmit the data and files at the same time.

The files are uploaded properly but the progress bar does not change (never starts), so when a file is huge, the user does not know how much  left to be uploaded.

Any idea why the progress bar does not change in our scenario.

Thanks

David

3 Replies

KR Keerthana Rajendran Syncfusion Team August 30, 2017 01:05 PM UTC

Hi David, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support, 

Query: As you can the async-upload property is set to false, because we need to start the upload process when the user clicks the Submit button in order to transmit the data and files at the same time. The files are uploaded properly but the progress bar does not change (never starts) 

This is the behavior of synchronous upload. Because, we are doing the form submit for this case. So, we won’t get any progress event to show case the progress bar value change simultaneously as like asynchronous upload and all the files will be uploaded at the same time on submit. 

Query: so when a file is huge, the user does not know how much  left to be uploaded. 

In case of uploading huge files , we suggest to use asynchronous upload to know the change in progress of upload action  

Regards, 
Keerthana. 

DS dsapo August 30, 2017 08:21 PM UTC

Hi Keerthana:

Thanks for your reply.

In our scenario, we need to upload several files with form data, so how can I do that in async fashion, because we need to process the files on the server with the data in one action method.

How can I achieve that using the async upload?

Thanks again

David

KR Keerthana Rajendran Syncfusion Team August 31, 2017 12:51 PM UTC

Hi David,   

In Uploadbox we can get the details of the file selected for upload in arguments of fileSelect event. We can process the files in that event before uploading to server. Please refer to the below given code 

<ej-upload-box id="uploadbox1" width="100px" save-url="//js.syncfusion.com/ejServices/api/uploadbox/Save" remove-url="//js.syncfusion.com/ejServices/api/uploadbox/Remove" file-select="onselect"> 
    <e-button-text browse="File Browse" /> 
    <e-dialog-text size="filesize" /> 
</ej-upload-box> 
<script> 
    function onselect(args) 
    { 
        for(i=0;i<args.files.length;i++) 
        { 
            console.log(args.files[i].name); 
            console.log(args.files[i].extension); 

} 

}