We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Localize ejDropDownList generated by ejReportViewer component.

Hi, sorry for my english.

How can i localize ejDropDownList (with enabled multiselect option) generated by ejReportViewer component. For example, if i need to translate text of headerTemplate to another language (from "Select All" to "Выбрать всё"), or change watermarkText.

I'am using Syncfusion Essential Studio 15.2.

Please, suggest.

1 Reply

RK Ravi Kumar Gurunathan Syncfusion Team August 26, 2017 11:49 AM UTC

Hi Vlad, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

How can I localize ejDropDownList (with enabled multiselect option) generated by ejReportViewer component. For example, if i need to translate text of headerTemplate to another language (from "Select All" to "Выбрать всё") 
We cannot able to localize the ejDropDownList with multiselect option. It is working based on the “Select All” headerTemplate, if we localize “Select All” text then the multiselect feature will not work. Therefore, we recommend you localize the watermark text instead of headerTemplate. 
change watermarkText 
The watermark text can be localized using “ejDropDownList” control through triggering the ejReportViewer “renderingComplete” event as shown in the below code snippet. 
$(function () { 
            $("#viewer").ejReportViewer( 
                { 
                    reportServiceUrl: "/api/ReportApi", 
                    processingMode: ej.ReportViewer.ProcessingMode.Remote, 
                    reportPath: "~/App_Data/GroupingAgg.rdl", 
                    renderingComplete: "LoadComplete" 
                }); 
        }); 

function LoadComplete(args) { 
            if (args.reportParameters) { 
                var drpDwnObj = $("#" + args.reportParameters[0].ControlId).data("ejDropDownList"); 
                if (drpDwnObj) { 
                    drpDwnObj.model.watermarkText = "Выберите опцию"; 
                    $("#" + args.reportParameters[0].ControlId + "_hidden")[0].placeholder = "Выберите опцию"; 
                } 
            } 
        } 

Ravi kumar G 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon