We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

MouseLeave event not firing when dragging symbol onto Diagram

I have a Modeler object in JavaScript to handle events coming from the diagram. I inserted console.logs for each of these method calls to help familiarize myself with the events. I observed that MouseEnter fires when the cursor enters a node and MouseLeave fires when the cursor leaves that same node. Then I tried the same thing while dragging an item from the basic symbol palette. I observed that MouseEnter fires when the dragged item enters a node and then fires repeatedly whenever the item is dragged anywhere inside the same node. I never saw MouseLeave fire until I dropped the item. Is this the intended behavior for this control?

<ej:Diagram
                    ID="DesignerCanvasTarget"
                    ClientIDMode="Static"
                    runat="server"
                    Height="100%"
                    Width="100%"
                    OnClientDragEnter="Modeler.onDragEnter"
                    OnClientDragLeave="Modeler.onDragLeave"
                    OnClientMouseEnter="Modeler.onMouseEnter"
                    OnClientMouseLeave="Modeler.onMouseLeave"
                    OnClientMouseHover="Modeler.onMouseOver"
                    OnClientDrag="Modeler.onDrag"
                    OnClientDragOver="Modeler.onDragOver"
                    OnClientDrop="Modeler.onDrop">
                </ej:Diagram>

1 Reply

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team August 24, 2017 11:54 AM UTC

Hi Nathan, 

We considered this “MouseLeave event not triggered when we drag node and hover it on another node and leaves it” as an issue and a support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates. 

Regards, 
Shyam G 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon