We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Single cell file

If I create a file in Excel that has a number in only a single cell, RW says there is a cell, but has no Text. If I go back to Excel and type something into a second cell, then RW is able to provide the text for both. Wishing you the best, Greg

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 24, 2004 05:17 AM UTC

Hi Greg, Could you give me more details on this issue. Please let me know if my assumptions are correct. 1) You have a workbook with only one cell filled. 2) You try to read the value in that cell. Please post the code snippet that you use for reading the cell. This would help me understand your requirement clearly. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >If I create a file in Excel that has a number in only a single cell, RW says there is a cell, but has no Text. If I go back to Excel and type something into a second cell, then RW is able to provide the text for both. > >Wishing you the best, >Greg

GR Greg April 24, 2004 12:51 PM UTC

Very basic access. I didn''t know anything existed besides ExcelUtils. I will be interested in some type of array read to speed things up. workBook = ExcelUtils.Open(strFile); foreach (IWorksheet wk in workBook.Worksheets) { foreach (IRange ecell in wk.Cells) { if (ecell.Text == null || ecell.Text == "") continue; } // work with cell }

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 26, 2004 10:59 AM UTC

Hi Greg, Thanks for the code snippet. I see the problem now. We will fix it in the next release. Thank you for your patience. Best regards, Stephen. >Very basic access. I didn''t know anything existed besides ExcelUtils. I will be interested in some type of array read to speed things up. > >workBook = ExcelUtils.Open(strFile); >foreach (IWorksheet wk in workBook.Worksheets) >{ > foreach (IRange ecell in wk.Cells) > { > if (ecell.Text == null || ecell.Text == "") > continue; > } > // work with cell >} >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon