We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Correct version of Essential Studio for .NET Framework 4.5

Hello

I am in a mid of a mess right now. I used the last version of Essential Studio, but it was not until publish time, that I was informed that our server only has .NET 4.5. I proceeded to downgrade my project references for the correct versions, but I keep getting warnings. It seems that some of the references depends of others dll in the assembly who where created targeting .NET 4.5.1 or .NET 4.6. 

Example of one of the warnings:

The primary reference "Syncfusion.EJ.Pivot, Version=15.2451.0.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89, processorArchitecture=MSIL" could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the assembly "Syncfusion.EJ, Version=15.2460.0.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89" which was built against the ".NETFramework,Version=v4.6" framework. This is a higher version than the currently targeted framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.5.2". RevisionesAdministrativas

I have Syncfusion.EJ version 15.2451.0.40 referenced, but I am still getting this error.

I downgrade to .NET 4.5.2 but still, I need to downgrade further down to 4.5. 

So, which is the correct version of Essential Studio that I can download and install, that doesn't has any dependency to .NET Framework 6.0 nor NET Framework 4.5.2 ??

This is kinda urgent so please...

Thank you!!

3 Replies

SA Saravanan Arunachalam Syncfusion Team August 18, 2017 09:41 AM UTC

Hi Samuel, 
Thanks for contacting Syncfusion’s support. 
We have analyzed your query and we are unclear about your issue, hence could you please provide following details? 
1.       Which control you need to render? 
2.       How could you create a project either by using syncfusion template or stand alone in visual studion. 
3.       Did you load the assemblies via Nuget package? 
Regards, 
Saravanan A. 

SO Samuel Otero August 18, 2017 11:18 AM UTC

Ok, I'll try to be more straightforward. First, answering your questions:

1.      Which control you need to render?

I use the GRID and DOCIO

2.       How could you create a project either by using syncfusion template or stand alone in visual studion?

I converted my project to a Syncfusion one using your Visual Studio plug in

3.       Did you load the assemblies via Nuget package? 

I added some of them manually and some of them were added in the conversion.

Now, I'll try to be more specific.

My project right now is for .NET Framework 4.5.2. Look at this warning that Visual Studio gives me (I have like 15 of these warnings):

The primary reference "Syncfusion.EJ.Pivot, Version=15.2451.0.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89, processorArchitecture=MSIL" could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the assembly "Syncfusion.EJ, Version=15.2460.0.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89" which was built against the ".NETFramework,Version=v4.6" framework. This is a higher version than the currently targeted framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.5.2". RevisionesAdministrativas

So it says that Syncfusion.EJ.Pivot, Version=15.2451.0.40, has an indirect dependency to the assembly Syncfusion.EJ, Version=15.2460.0.40, when the Syncfusion.EJ version that I have referenced in the project is Syncfusion.EJ version 15.2451.0.40.

So why this happens?? 

Furthermore, I need to downgrade my project's framework to .NET 4.5 because that's what we have in the server and when tried to do it and I reference the correct versions of Syncfusion's dll (the references are for .NET 4.5 and I tried even references from the .NET 4.0 folder) I keep getting warnings that some of these references depends of others that are targeting .NET Framework 4.5.1, even when all the referenced assemblies (including dependencies), are clearly the version for .NET 4.5.

To resume:

When my project is on .NET Framework 4.5.1 and I reference the correct assemblies, warnings says that some of the assemblies dependes of others that are targeting .NET Framework 6.0, and when my project is on .NET Framework 4.5 
and I reference the correct assemblies, warnings says that some of the assemblies dependes of others that are targeting .NET Framework 5.1, and this happens, even if the dependencies referenced in the folder are from the same .NET Framework version of my project.

My questions are:

Why does this happens?

Do I need to download an specific version of Essential Studio to stop this from happening, probably a version of Essential Studio that only has references up to .NET Framework 4.5 or there's another workaround? Something is wrong in my project perhaps?? I don't know.

Please!!!!!!!! I will be waiting for you reply.

Thank you!

SA Saravanan Arunachalam Syncfusion Team August 21, 2017 12:50 PM UTC

Hi Samuel, 
If you are downgrading to lower framework version, ensure to remove all the Syncfusion assemblies in your project and clean the project. Now add references to the lower framework version Syncfusion assemblies. So, in your case for framework “4.5” it will be version 15.2450.0.40 for Syncfusion.EJ.dll and version 15.2500.0.40 for Syncfusion.EJ.MVC.dll for MVC 5. Similarly, for other dependent assemblies you have included.  
During runtime, make sure that the assembly version you added are the ones loaded in the project. If they are altered, then the assemblies are loaded from the GAC location during compilation. So, you need to disable them from being loaded from GAC location.  
Also, ensure whether you have updated the proper assembly versions in web.config file and other places where you have registered the assemblies. These could be the reasons for your mentioned issue. There is no need to install Essential Studio again.  
If you still face any issue, please provide us addition information on the issue you are facing along with screenshots. It will help us isolate the root cause and provide solution.  
Regards, 
Saravanan A. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon