We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SfChart not showing

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently working on a xamarin.forms application (mainly for Android) that needs chart for displaying data. I've been playing around with the SfCharts for hours but simply cannot get them to work. I tried tons of samples online and created ones myself, but they just dont show any charts.

What I did:
Add the PCL-Library (Syncfusion.SfChart.XForms)
Add the Android Libraries (Syncfusion.SfChart.Android, Syncfusion.SfChart.XForms, Syncfusion.SfChart.XForms.Android)

and the following xaml code:

Attached you find the sample project.

I hope you can help me find the solution!

Thanks and best regards,
Christof

Attachment: Chart_aa3fc1c5.zip

4 Replies

CS Christof Steps August 17, 2017 09:06 AM UTC

Ok so there was a problem with the Xaml Code, which I fixed, but now I get an invalid cast exception everytime I start the application. Any Ideas?

Br

Christof

Attachment: Chart_b382989f.zip

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team August 18, 2017 08:48 AM UTC

Hi Christof Steps,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Due to internal architecture change, now, it is not required to add Syncfusion.SfChart.Android.dll and Syncfusion.SfChart.iOS.dll assemblies to your platform specific projects such as Android and iOS in Xamarin.Forms respectively. Hence, you need to remove these two assemblies from your platform specific projects.

Please refer our release notes: https://help.syncfusion.com/xamarin/release-notes/v15.3.0.26?type=all#breaking-changes

Please let us know if you are facing any issue in this.

Regards,
Muneesh Kumar G.

CS Christof Steps August 18, 2017 09:08 AM UTC

Thank you very much, that's it!

BR

Christof

SG Sivaram Ganesan Syncfusion Team August 21, 2017 10:14 AM UTC

Hi Christof, 

Thanks for the update. 
We are glad to know that the given solution worked. Please get back to us if you need further assistance.  

Regards,

Sivaram.G 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon