We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Capture event when SwipeTemplate is closed after tap

I can capture events like SwipeStarted and SwipeEnded.
But I can't handle with tap event when row is in state with SwipeTemplate shown and user just clicks on row.
In this case control comes back into state with closed SwipeTemplate and SwipeEnded is not fired.

Once again just to be clear:
When user starts swipe and finished it then SwipeTemplate is shown (doesn't matter left or right swipe).
But at this moment it is possible to just tap row and SwipeTemplate will be closed.
Is there any way to disable this tapping or to capture this tapping event? 

5 Replies

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team August 15, 2017 02:00 PM UTC

Hi Alexej, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products. 

We have analyzed the reported issue “ItemTapped event is not raised when swipe template is reset by tap gesture action” at our end. And we would like to let you know that in SfListView, when item is tapped after swipe view is layout for the ListViewItem, it gets reset as expected with no events are triggered and this is the actual behavior. So, could you please share the actual requirement and the application scenario which would help us to analyze the requirement better and update you an appropriate solution. 

Please let us know if you require further assistance. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

AL Alex August 15, 2017 03:01 PM UTC

Here is scenario:

When Left swipe is started I want to change default row template (hide button)

So, in my ViewModel model I have a field. And in OnSwipeStarted event I am changing some ViewModel field that is binded to IsVisible property of button:

IsVisible="{Binding ButtonVisible}"

When Swipe is ended I am setting ButtonVisible to true.

So everything is worked except ending swipe with tap (in this case ButtonVisible stays false and button is hidden)

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team August 16, 2017 08:54 AM UTC

Hi Alexej, 

Thanks for the update. 

We have considered the reported requirement “Need to expose an event when swiped item is reset in SfListView” as SfListView’ s enhancement request. We are implementing the reported enhancement at our end and it will be available in our upcoming 2017 Volume 3 SP 1 release which is scheduled to be rolled out by end of this month. We will let you know once this enhancement has been included in release. 

Please let us know if you require further assistance. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

AL Alex September 12, 2017 04:05 PM UTC

Hello!

Any update? I was unable to find reset event as included in last release.

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team September 13, 2017 11:26 AM UTC

Hi Alexej, 

Apologies for the delay. 

Due to complexity in the reported feature enhancement, we could not able to complete and include in our 2017 Volume 3 SP 1 release. However, we will assure you that it will be available in our upcoming 2017 Volume 4 main release. We will let you know once this enhancement has been included in release and will appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon