We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Date format

Thanks for responding positively to my data type inquiry. I have a circumstance in which ExcelRW is saying that the NumberFormat is "mm/dd/yyy" when Excel is displaying "m/d/yyyy" and shows "m/d/yyyy" when switching the format to Custom. The date was entered into Excel simply as 1/2/04, but when I retrieve and display it, I''ll get 01/02/2004 whereas Excel will show 1/2/2004. So it appears that the fetching or creating of the NumberFormat is not getting the appropriate digits. (Be aware that in .Net that m means minutes and M means months, so a .Replace is required for .Net to display it correctly.) Please advise. Thanks, Greg

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 23, 2004 12:01 PM UTC

Hi Greg, Just a quick update. I am looking into the issues that you have mentioned. I will update with more information as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >Thanks for responding positively to my data type inquiry. > >I have a circumstance in which ExcelRW is saying that the NumberFormat is "mm/dd/yyy" when Excel is displaying "m/d/yyyy" and shows "m/d/yyyy" when switching the format to Custom. > >The date was entered into Excel simply as 1/2/04, but when I retrieve and display it, I''ll get 01/02/2004 whereas Excel will show 1/2/2004. So it appears that the fetching or creating of the NumberFormat is not getting the appropriate digits. > >(Be aware that in .Net that m means minutes and M means months, so a .Replace is required for .Net to display it correctly.) > >Please advise. > >Thanks, >Greg >

GR Greg April 29, 2004 03:41 PM UTC

Stephen, Hadn''t heard back. Were you able to duplicate this? -Greg

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 30, 2004 10:22 AM UTC

Hi Greg, Sorry for not responding earlier. I thought i had already updated this issue. I was able to reproduce the problem. We are working on all the issue that you have reported so far. I will try to make a custom build available to you with all the fixes early next week. We really appreciate your feedback. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >Stephen, > >Hadn''t heard back. Were you able to duplicate this? > >-Greg

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon