We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
If you became a customer of the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or the Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer components before October 2019 and have questions related to those products, you can request support through our forum system. However, please note that this support system is only for existing customers who are still using the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or its components and not for new customers looking for reporting products from Syncfusion.

For new customers or those with general reporting questions, we recommend contacting our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/, which is a separate brand created by Syncfusion for its reporting solutions. Our team will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion for your reporting needs.

control over report viewer in foreground

Hi,

I´m facing an issue with the report viewer:

I want to show the dropdown menu in the foreground and the report viewer should be in the background.
What do I have to do to get it to work?
Thanks.

Regards,
Patrick

3 Replies

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team August 8, 2017 01:05 PM UTC

Hi Patrick, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

We suspect the mentioned problem might have occur when the stack order of the parent element for Dropdown and ReportViewer controls are same. So, we request you to provide the Z-index property value of parent div element has “-1” for ReportViewer control as shown in below code example to avoid the mentioned problem at your end. 

Default.html: 
    </script> 
    <div style="height: 650px; width: 1200px; min-height: 404px; z-index: -1" id="container"></div> 
    <script type="text/javascript"> 
        $(function () { 
            $("#container").ejReportViewer( 
                { 
                    reportServiceUrl: '/api/ReportApi_1', 
                    processingMode: ej.ReportViewer.ProcessingMode.Remote,                   
                    reportPath: '~/Report/Sample.rdl',                  
                }); 
        }); 
    </script> 

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D. 

GK Gregory Kohle August 9, 2017 06:57 AM UTC

Hi Yuvaraj,

I tried using z-index : -1. But this didn´t work
I attached the view.cshtml.

Regards,

Patrick

Attachment: ReportView_326a51a0.zip

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team August 10, 2017 01:45 PM UTC

Hi Patrick, 

Thanks for the update. 

We have tested the mentioned problem with the shared information and its working properly at our end as shown in shared screenshot. We have prepared a sample based on the shared information, so can you please revert the sample with the issue reproducible procedure to validate the mentioned problem at our end.  

Please find the sample from below location, 

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon