We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DataGrid Not scrolling

Hi, I'm trying to use a SfDataGrid inside a vertical stacklayout on Android. However I can't scroll the datagrid. The datasource can change dynamically some times, but I'm stuck trying to figure out what I can't scroll the grid.I already set the grid and the parent VerticalOptions to be FillAndExpand.Any idea? 

4 Replies

VP Vimal Prabhu Manohkaran Syncfusion Team August 7, 2017 06:55 AM UTC

Hi Joel,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. We have  checked with your query and have prepared a sample based on your requirements where we have loaded the SfDataGrid inside a vertical StackLayout and are changing the ItemsSource(DataSource) and the row count in runtime via a button click and the SfDataGrid scrolling is working fine as expected. Please refer the sample from the below link to check if you had missed out anything and resolve your issue.

If your issue persists, please revert us with a working sample replicating the issue so that we can help you better.

Regards,
Vimal Prabhu

BA Balakrishnan replied to Joel Chinchilla October 16, 2017 09:45 PM UTC

Hi, I'm trying to use a SfDataGrid inside a vertical stacklayout on Android. However I can't scroll the datagrid. The datasource can change dynamically some times, but I'm stuck trying to figure out what I can't scroll the grid.I already set the grid and the parent VerticalOptions to be FillAndExpand.Any idea? 

I am also facing the same issue, I implemented the Data grid Scrolling is not working in Android alone. (sfDataGrid version15.3.0.33)

<StackLayout x:Name="myStack">
           <sfgrid:SfDataGrid x:Name="dataGrid"   
                            AutoGenerateColumns="True"
                            ColumnSizer="Star"
                           HeaderRowHeight="52"
                           RowHeight="48"
                           SelectionMode="Single" 
            ItemsSource="{Binding NutritionHistory}">

<sfgrid:SfDataGrid.Columns >
                <sfgrid:GridImageColumn MappingName="IconImage" />
                <sfgrid:GridTextColumn MappingName="ItemCount"  />
                <sfgrid:GridImageColumn MappingName="StatusImage" />
            </sfgrid:SfDataGrid.Columns>
        </sfgrid:SfDataGrid>
            </StackLayout>

AN Ashok N Syncfusion Team October 17, 2017 09:28 AM UTC

Hi Balakrishnan, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Horizontal Scrolling: 

We have checked your code snippet and you are using SfDataGrid.ColumnSizer is Star.  Star column sizer adjusted all the GridColumns are an equal column width to fit within the view and it will be disable the HorizontalScrolling in SfDataGrid. If you want HorizontalScrolling in SfDataGrid, please set ColumnSizer other than Star.  Please refer the below UG link to get more details about ColumnSizer: 

Vertical Scrolling: 

We have  checked our previously provided sample (on August 7, 2017 by Vimal) and Vertical scrolling will be working properly, after loaded the SfDataGrid and changing the records dynamically. If you are facing Vertical Scrolling issue, please do revert us by modifying our sample to replicate the issue or share your sample along with replication procedure, that would be more helpful for us to proceed further.   

Regards, 
Ashok 

JI Jonathan Ismaila May 25, 2022 08:10 AM UTC

I solved mine by removing 'Allow Zooming' option from the SfDataGrid before it could start scrolling vertically.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon