We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Chart with 2 Y-AXIS - columns overlay

Hi !
I make a chart with 2 Y-AXIS, 4 series, 2 for each axis. Type - column cluster.
The colums from secondary axis series put over primary axis series columns, as show in attachment 1.png.
How I can shift columns for secondary axis series ? I need chart like in 2.png.

Thanks.
Igor.

Attachment: Chart2YAXIS_5bec2c81.rar

3 Replies

KK Kumaravel Kulandai Samy Syncfusion Team August 1, 2017 02:43 PM UTC

Hi Igor, 
In your shared screenshots, we can see that the series in the chart are overlapped. As per Microsoft Presentation behavior, the primary columns series are hidden by the secondary column series when set to more than one axis. So, we are suggesting you to use the following ways to achieve your requirements. 
·         By adjusting the column series (primary and secondary) gap width and overlap value.  
·         Using the single axis (Primary axis) the series can be aligned as per your requirement. 
We have shared the sample for your reference and can be downloaded for the below link. 
Sample: 
Output document with primary axis only: 
Output document without adjusting gap and overlap: 
Output document with adjusting gap and overlap: 
Please let us know if you need further assistance on this, 

Regards, 
Kumaravel.K 

IG IgorKuznetsov August 1, 2017 06:35 PM UTC

Hi, Kumaravel Kulandai Samy !

Thanks for your answer.

The first method with gap seems good, but when I change a data for series and make a few cosmetic changes - the result is as I send in previous message.

The second method not for my case - I need two Y-AXIS.

In attach - my version of solution with changes and result PPT.

What's wrong ? - the series are overlays whith GAP. How I can shift start position of secondary series ?

Thanks.

Igor.

Attachment: Sample_RUS_Tomsk_48c10cfc.rar

KK Kumaravel Kulandai Samy Syncfusion Team August 2, 2017 11:33 AM UTC

Hi Igor, 
As the PowerPoint presentation behavior, the width of the column is varying due to the change in the gap and overlap values. We have checked the updated code changes, you have added the gap width and overlap adjustments only in the secondary axis and this must be added to the primary axis also. We have updated the sample for this in below link.  
Modified sample: 
Output document: 
Regards, 
Kumaravel 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon