We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Skip grid in tabbing sequence

I have a ejgrid with toolbar items. When I tab between HTML controls, it moves between grid toolbar items. I would like to skip grid in tabbing sequence. Is it possible to do that?

3 Replies

VA Venkatesh Ayothi Raman Syncfusion Team July 31, 2017 12:34 PM UTC

Hi Nga, 

Thanks for Contacting Syncfusion support. 

We suspect that you want to disable the tab key processing for Grid toolbar elements. If so, we suggest you to prevent the tab key operations in Grid dataBound event like as follows, 
Code example
$("#Grid").ejGrid({ 

dataSource: window.gridData, 
                allowPaging: true, 
                dataBound:function(args){ 
                        //here we can prevent the tab key Grid toolbar and page elements                    $("#"+this._id+" .e-gridtoolbar,.e-pager").attr("tabindex",-1); 

}, 
                editSettings: { allowEditing: true, allowAdding: true, allowDeleting: true }, 
                toolbarSettings: { showToolbar: true, toolbarItems: [ej.Grid.ToolBarItems.Add, ej.Grid.ToolBarItems.Edit, ej.Grid.ToolBarItems.Delete, ej.Grid.ToolBarItems.Update, ej.Grid.ToolBarItems.Cancel] }, 
                columns: [ 
                        .  .  . 
                ] 
            }); 

If we misunderstood your requirement, then could you please provide more details about your requirement? 

Regards, 
Venkatesh Ayothiraman. 

NG Nga July 31, 2017 02:35 PM UTC

Thanks. It works.

VA Venkatesh Ayothi Raman Syncfusion Team August 2, 2017 05:08 AM UTC

Hi Nga, 

Thanks for the feedback. 

We are very happy to hear that your requirement is achieved. 
Regards, 
Venkatesh Ayothiraman. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon