We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Resx File Not found

Hi,
I have an MVC project and I am getting this error on the controls:
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '{Project Folder}\App_LocalResources\ej.localetexts.en-US.resx'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError
at System.IO.FileStream.Init
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor
at System.Resources.ResXResourceReader.EnsureResData
at Syncfusion.JavaScript.ResourceConversion.xmlCreationForAllControls
I looked at the installation folders but could not locate any resx files. Can you guide me how to get rid of these errors and where to find the resx files?

3 Replies

KR Keerthana Rajendran Syncfusion Team July 25, 2017 09:13 AM UTC

Hi Syntax,   

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.   

Resx files will be located inside “ejResources”  folder of Javascript in the installed location.    

For example: If your installed location is “C:” drive then the Resx file location will be as shown below.   

C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\15.2.0.40\JavaScript\ejResources   

To generate respective locale text on control rendering, based on the application culture, add an ASP.NET Folder “App_LocalResources” to your project and add the below line with required culture in web.config file.    

<system.web>   
    <globalization culture="ar-AE" uiCulture="ar-AE"/>   
    <authentication mode="None" />   
………………..   
      </system.web>   

We have prepared a video for the above-mentioned steps. Please refer to the given link   

Also, we have attached a sample for your reference which can be download from the given link   

Note: Global Localization support has been provided in Volume 2, 2017 release (15.2.0.40). Refer the below given release notes   

If you face any issue with these steps, please get back with the product version used in your project along with sample so that we can proceed further. Also, confirm us whether you are using Global Localization support in your project.   

Regards,   
Keerthana.   

SY syntax July 26, 2017 07:36 AM UTC

Thank you. It worked perfectly.

KR Keerthana Rajendran Syncfusion Team July 27, 2017 04:06 AM UTC

Hi Syntax, 

We were happy to hear that your issue has been resolved. Please get back to us if you require further assistance on this, we  will be happy to assist you 

Regards, 
Keerthana. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon