We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SfPdfViewer crash with some PDF

I have a Xamarin Form app.

in UWP some PDF files makes SfPdfViewer crash and close application.

is it a know problem?

3 Replies

BS Balasubramanian Sundararajan Syncfusion Team July 24, 2017 06:24 AM UTC

Hi Alessandro, 

We are afraid that we are unable to reproduce the issue “Application crashes while loading the PDF documents in our PDF viewer Xamarin.Forms UWP”. We have loaded all the available PDF documents in our database and we have not experienced any crashing issues while loading the PDF document in our PDF viewer in Xamarin.Forms UWP. We suspect that the issue may arise specifically to the PDF documents that were loaded by you in our PDF viewer. So we request you to provide the PDF documents in which the crashing issue occurred. This will be helpful for us to investigate further on the issue and assist you better. 

Also can you please provide the following details which would also be a cause of the issue, 

Syncfusion Essential Studio version: 
Xamarin.Forms version: 
Operating System build version: 
System Culture Information: 
StackTrace of the exception: 

Please find the below sample with which we tried to reproduce the Application crashing issue in our end. 

Note: We maintain the confidentiality of the information disclosed by our customers to us. Therefore, any documents shared with Syncfusion will only be used to replicate the issue and will not be shared with anyone else. 

Please let me know if you have any queries. 

Thanks, 
Balasubramanian S 

RL RENE LUGO August 10, 2022 08:26 PM UTC

Hi,

I'm having the same issue here,

1. Not all the time, but very frequent when we load a pdf document, that document appears truncated at the end, seems like it was not completely loaded and the viewer stops that loading process prematurally, and some times the application crashes completele,

2. Another thing is that, sometimes when the document is loaded the zoom is not working properlly and all document content is showed at the same time but can't be readed becouse the zoom is like at 5% without setting anything previuosly at the viewer,

3. We are using mostly PDF Form Files, may be that's the key, we are actually loading that pdf type to capture some information from users,

Syncfusion Essential Studio version: 20.1.0.47

Xamarin.Forms version: 5.0.0.2337

Operating System build version: Windows 11 Pro 21H2 22000.856

System Culture Information: EN-us

StackTrace of the exception: [We were not able to capture any exception from VS, the application even in debug mode just crashes and close]

I can send you some examples of our PDF Form files, but i'll need some private email to do so,

Regards,

Rene

MP Mohana Priya Raja Syncfusion Team August 12, 2022 01:36 PM UTC

Hi Rene,

We have created a new ticket under your account. We suggest you follow up with the ticket for further updates.

Regards,

Mohana Priya R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon