We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
If you became a customer of the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or the Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer components before October 2019 and have questions related to those products, you can request support through our forum system. However, please note that this support system is only for existing customers who are still using the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or its components and not for new customers looking for reporting products from Syncfusion.

For new customers or those with general reporting questions, we recommend contacting our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/, which is a separate brand created by Syncfusion for its reporting solutions. Our team will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion for your reporting needs.

Report designer in winfows forms

Hi,

Can I use the reports generated by the designer in windows forms c#? By default, reports are written in rdl format; can I rename them to rdlc and use them with visual studio 2017 report viewer? Or does it only work with WPF?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team July 24, 2017 12:34 PM UTC

Hi Fausto, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Components. 

Query 
Response 
Can I use the reports generated by the designer in windows forms c#? 
Yes, you can use the reports created using our report designer in windows form. Currently, our report viewer is not available in WindowsForms platform. However, you can use WPF report viewer in Windows Forms using ElementHost control. Refer to the below MSDN link for more details on Element Host control.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.integration.elementhost(v=vs.110).aspx 
By default, reports are written in rdl format; can I rename them to rdlc and use them with visual studio 2017 report viewer? Or does it only work with WPF? 
Yes, you can rename the rdl report as RDLC and you can view the report in report viewer. But, we need provide local class objects as datasource for the RDLC report and you can able to view this RDLC report also in windows form application. 

We have prepared a sample in windows form using our WPF reportviewer as host element for both RDL and RDLC report for your reference and it can be downloaded from the below location. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

FA Fausto August 4, 2017 12:32 PM UTC

Everything worked perfectly. Thank you very much!

Regards,

Fausto.

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team August 7, 2017 05:15 AM UTC

Hi Fausto, 

Thanks for your update. Please let us know if you require any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon