We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

invalid JSON primitive : System.Collections.ArrayList

Hi, i'm using VB.Net Webforms.

With ServerAddRow, for example, everything work right: event trigger and I can play with data.
But when the grid is loaded in a Syncfusion Tab (with "ContentSection.Controls.Add") I get "invalid JSON primitive : System.Collections.ArrayList" error on events...

Found nothing in doc nor forum that could help me with that.

1 Reply

PK Prasanna Kumar Viswanathan Syncfusion Team July 20, 2017 01:25 PM UTC

Hi Dimitri, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We created a sample in VB.net and in this sample we render the grid inside the ejTab control. When we render the grid inside the Syncfusion tab we did not face the mentioned issue in our sample.  

Find the code example :  

<ej:Tab ID="DefaulttabContent" runat="server" Width="600px" ShowCloseButton="false" HeaderPosition="Top" EnablePersistence="false" EnableTabScroll="false" EnableRTL="false"> 
        <Items> 
            <ej:TabItem Id="steelman" Text="Man of Steel"> 
                <ContentSection> 
                    <ej:Grid ID="Grid1"  AllowSorting="true"  AllowPaging="True" runat="server" OnServerAddRow="Grid1_ServerAddRow"> 
                      <Columns> 
                         ----------------------- 
                    </Columns> 
                     <EditSettings AllowEditing="True" AllowAdding="True" AllowDeleting="True"></EditSettings> 
                   </ej:Grid> 
                </ContentSection> 
            </ej:TabItem> 
        </Items> 
    </ej:Tab> 

</asp:Content> 

To find out the root cause we need the following details,  

1. Code example of a Grid and Tab.  

2. Share the screenshot of an issue.  

3. Essential Studio Version details. 

4. If possible, replicate the issue in the attached sample.  

Regards, 
Prasanna Kumar N.S.V 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon