We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

'PdfLoadedForm' does not contain a definition for 'ExportData' and no extension method 'ExportData' accepting a first argument of type 'PdfLoadedForm' could be found

Hi!

I'm trying to evaluate Syncfusion for PDF generation part. So I just started to create some logic as a separate Class Lib. But when I try to do this https://help.syncfusion.com/file-formats/pdf/working-with-forms#export-pdf-file-to-fdf it doesn't compile giving me the error.

I added Syncfusion.Comression.Portable and Syncfusion.Pdf.Portable to the project but ExportData is not there. What am I missing?

4 Replies

SK Surya Kumar Syncfusion Team July 19, 2017 02:45 PM UTC

Hi Alex, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

At present, we do not have support for exporting PDF file to FDF in ASP.NET Core platform. We have added this feature to our feature request list. We will let you know once this feature is implemented. 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Surya Kumar 

AB Alex Batchinski July 19, 2017 11:37 PM UTC

ok, do you have this ExportData method working in .NET 4.6 or 4.7?

SK Surya Kumar Syncfusion Team July 20, 2017 05:26 PM UTC

Hi Alex, 

We do have support for exporting PDF file to FDF in .Net 4.6 and we support following platforms: 
1.Windows Forms. 
2.WPF 
3.Asp.Net 
4.Asp.Net MVC 

Also, we do not have support for the same in Asp.Net core as mentioned before. 

Regards, 
Surya Kumar 

SL Sowmiya Loganathan Syncfusion Team June 26, 2018 08:36 AM UTC

Hi Alex, 

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio 2018 Volume 2 Release  v16.2.0.41  is rolled out and is available for download under the following link. 

We have implemented the feature “Need to add support for exporting PDF file to FDF in ASP.NET Core platform”. Please find the below code snippet for more details, 

// Load the PDF document. 
            PdfLoadedDocument document = new PdfLoadedDocument("AcroformData.pdf"); 
            // Get the form fields. 
            PdfLoadedForm form = document.Form; 
            // Export it to FDF. 
            MemoryStream memoryStream = new MemoryStream(); 
            form.ExportData(memoryStream, DataFormat.Fdf, "AcroformData.pdf"); 
            document.Close(); 

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards,            
Sowmiya L 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon