We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Seems to be an issue with November 5th in the Schedule

Just was doing some testing and Noticed that when you add an appointment to November 5th on the month view (may happen on other views) it always adds an extra day.
For example if you had an appointment that lasted 3 days and one of those days was on november 5th. It'll now look like it spans across 4 days.

I tested this on my app and on the javascript demo.

7 Replies

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team July 19, 2017 09:42 AM UTC

Hi James      

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We suspect that time zone difference may be added with appointment duration which could be the cause for the issue. To render an appointment as same as the time given in data base, kindly set applyTimeOffset to false and for the same we have prepared the below sample for your reference. 

<Code> 
$("#Schedule1").ejSchedule({ 
    width: "100%", 
    height: "525px", 
    currentView: "month", 
    currentDate: new Date(2017, 10, 5), 
    appointmentSettings: { 
        applyTimeOffset: false, 
        dataSource: dManager, 
        id: "Id", 
        subject: "Subject", 
        startTime: "StartTime", 
        endTime: "EndTime", 
        description: "Description", 
        allDay: "AllDay", 
        recurrence: "Recurrence", 
        recurrenceRule: "RecurrenceRule" 
    } 
}); 
</Code> 

If the issue persists, kindly share your code example/sample/ (if possible)/image/video demo which clearly depicts the issue to proceed further. 

Regards, 
Karthigeyan 

JA James July 19, 2017 02:07 PM UTC

That doesn't fix it unfortunately.

I think the root of the issue is back when for some reason November 5th was listed twice.. maybe 2/3 service packs ago. Now it's only listed once but it still changes the size of the appointment.

You can see how it works in your javascript demo.
http://js.syncfusion.com/demos/web/dashboard/hospitalmanagement/default.html
Go to Month View.
Go to November
Add an appointment.
Move it to November 5th 2017! (if you do it in 2016 it seems like its november 6th)

Also dont create the appointment on november 5th. create it on november 20th or something and move it.. if you create it on november 5th the glitch doesnt occur.

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team July 20, 2017 06:54 AM UTC

Hi James       

Thanks for your update.   

We have checked your scenario in the provided sample and unable to reproduce the reported issue at our end. We have prepared the same as video demo which can be download from the below location. 

Kindly share your time zone detail, image/video demo of the issue to proceed further. 

Regards, 
Karthigeyan 

JA James July 21, 2017 01:24 PM UTC

https://www.screencast.com/t/crRfhIsfL

See this video I am using : http://js.syncfusion.com/demos/web/dashboard/hospitalmanagement/default.html

I can also reproduce in my own code.

Only happens on November 5th 2017 (also november 6th 2018) 

SE Sellakumar Syncfusion Team July 24, 2017 01:07 PM UTC

Hi James, 

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are facing some issue related to your scenario based on the timezone difference. We need your exact timezone details to validate this issue at our end. Kindly revert us with timezone details to provide possible solution. 

Regards, 
Sellakumar K 

JA James July 24, 2017 01:09 PM UTC

My timezone is UTC -4

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team July 25, 2017 12:38 PM UTC

Hi James        

Thanks for your update. 
We have created an incident for your query and we request you to have a follow up with the below incident link for further update on this. 

Regards, 
Karthigeyan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon